Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: How much would you spend..

Anyone who wouldn't pay a shitton of $ to become a 10, or whatever, is seriously underestimating how much better really, really good-looking people have it than the rest of humanity. I'm not just talking about picking up chicks, although there is that. I'm talking about getting jobs, promotions, and overall earning power. I'm talking about the advantages that come with people basically liking you right off the bat.

But Yeti's right--this is a total hypothetical. Plastic surgery looks terrible, usually.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who wouldn't pay a shitton of $ to become a 10, or whatever, is seriously underestimating how much better really, really good-looking people have it than the rest of humanity. I'm not just talking about picking up chicks, although there is that. I'm talking about getting jobs, promotions, and overall earning power. I'm talking about the advantages that come with people basically liking you right off the bat.

But Yeti's right--this is a total hypothetical. Plastic surgery looks terrible, usually.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you guys are thinking of like old ladies that have like silicone breast implants and botox or something. I think if you did more looking around youd be suprised how much more attractive it can make you if you know what your doing and find the right surgeon and use the right procedures..
Old 11-20-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who wouldn't pay a shitton of $ to become a 10, or whatever, is seriously underestimating how much better really, really good-looking people have it than the rest of humanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I say anyone who would pay for that is underestimating what good hygiene/working out/wearing good looking clothes/smiling/acting confident will do for them.

Or maybe I'm much better looking than I thought but I doubt it.

(Note that this is only true for men)
Old 11-20-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who wouldn't pay a shitton of $ to become a 10, or whatever, is seriously underestimating how much better really, really good-looking people have it than the rest of humanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I say anyone who would pay for that is underestimating what good hygiene/working out/wearing good looking clothes/smiling/acting confident will do for them.

Or maybe I'm much better looking than I thought but I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

*laugh* Maybe you are!

Seriously, though, those things are VERY IMPORTANT. But imagine that you do all those things, and improve yourself 3 points from 4 to 7. Look how much your life improves! Now take what you've learned, and go from a 7 to a 10. The thing is, since there's fewer and fewer people at the top, the gain that you get is exponentional the higher you move up.

As one of the posters just above mentioned, it's not about the girls (or guys). It's about buisness opportunities, promotions, etc.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:33 PM

no one has addressed how better looks will impact one's earning potential. i thought it was well known that better looking people earn more than non-attractive people. more job offers and more raises.

so money invested in this twilight zone idea, people would see a return on investment.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one has addressed how better looks will impact one's earning potential. i thought it was well known that better looking people earn more than non-attractive people. more job offers and more raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would argue that correlation does not equal causation.

1) Good looking people know they look good and act with confidence and have better self-esteem. They also usually have sex on a regular basis which makes them happier overall (smiling?).

2) Wealthy people have more time to take care of their look and enough money to buy stylish clothes.

These 2 points explain the correlation.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:47 PM

INFINITY DOLLARS!!!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By "no one addressed" I'm guessing you mean "both Prohornblower, and then Samsonite made the point"

Did you even read the thread? Or just assume you were the only one aware that pretty people make more $$$?
Old 11-20-2007, 04:43 PM

Here are three people who don't need to spend a dime.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:06 PM

*grunch*

hey guys, think about all the women you could pick up!?!?

pro, i read down until henry's posts and then faded. i like to make bold statements with limited information.