Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone with credible infomation on this situation confirm that the "rogue employee" spin is just BS to cover up for the CEO of the firm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the threads.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who would be dumb enough to believe this explanation?

Let me see if I understand this correctly, a computer geek had been engaging in dialog with the company, claiming that he could cheat the system. Of course management never believed him so he decided to prove them wrong.

Now instead of just showing them one example of the super user account - saying here look at this super user account I can see the hole cards, someone can cheat us. Instead he decided to undertake a 3-4 month cheating program.

This involved cheating all the high stakes players out close to $1 million dollars. Cheating the big tourney, cheating the absolute dream package, etc etc.

All this to prove a point?

This is so beyond the realm of believability I can't even fathom anyone dumb enough to believe it.

I can't wait to hear more from the geniuses at AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was fairly certain that AP would lie, but this is just silly.

We cannot allow AP to get away with this. In addition, I expect their to be backlash against some of the whistle blowers. I also expect alot of companies and people like Mark Sief to mock and attack people who dont believe the AP BS.

Any company that buys the BS that AP is slinging I will boycott.

AP is insulting and dishonest and have no respect for us. (standard for a corporation)
Old 10-19-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fun tworags.com fact from the usage statistics:

#-------Hits---------Files---------KBytes------Country
30 673 0.07% 494 0.08% 3370 0.04% Costa Rica

[/ QUOTE ]
Translation?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're watching.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that 30 users from Costa Rica made 673 hits to 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh no

translation: Costa Rica is #30 on my blog site's country list with 673 hits
Old 10-19-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As much as I'm not a fan of Seif's, he might need permission from him. A lot of poker sites have rules stating that you aren't allowed to release hand histories and they are only for your own personal use. If only 2 players were involved, it's concievable that Seif wouldn't be breaking AP rules by releasing the HH of their HU match if his opponent openly agreed to allow it to be released.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
very much looking forward to seeing the hh from seif-stuckin now that seif is offering to obtain and post it. can't imagine stuckin would refuse it's release.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would Seif need stuckingph's permission? The dude called him out on an internet message board that thousands of people have read over the last year. I think you have a right to post an exculpatory HH anytime you want under those circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I got Mike's permission to at least request the files. Mike wants to review them first and make sure that it's the full session before public release.

Mark is going to request them now.

Unfortunately, Mike does not have copies of the HH on his computer, so the ones from AP will have to suffice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me the chain of custody isn't: Seif requests HHs (maybe) -> Absolute provides (if they feel like it) -> Seif disseminates to 2+2 (after looking them over). Please tell me this isn't what's going to happen.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that 30 users from Costa Rica made 673 hits to 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh no

translation: Costa Rica is #30 on my blog site's country list with 673 hits

[/ QUOTE ]

so it's the 30th most popular country??

spooky.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:04 PM

Where can we find the official announcement by AP? Can we sticky it somewhere so people dont have to dig thew a 90 page thread to find it?
Old 10-19-2007, 07:05 PM

Stuckinpgh requested the hands already. I haven't heard yet if he's received them. I also might have them already, and I am going through my old computer to see what I can find.

icfishies is legitimate and has been around the poker scene for may years. Many high limit players (myself included) know and trust him. I can give you an 100% guarantee that he would not have made anything up or exaggerated. He has never lied once in all the time I have known him.

Other issues:

1) GRAYCAT won six figures. I personally witnessed him win $100,000+ in his first few days of playing Limit Hold 'Em on the site. He played many more times after that, and I believe he won every session.

2) AP's statement to MSNBC is complete and utter BS, as most everyone here has mentioned. Their "geek trying to prove management wrong" angle is ridiculous and contradicts what we already know on so many levels. This should not be accepted as the truth by any stretch of the imagination. The only good thing about it is that AP has finally abandoned the "no cheating happened / no superuser exists" angle.

3) I have been told an uncomfirmed rumor that AP and UB are going to soon combine, with one becoming a skin of the other. I have not heard which software will continue and which will become the skin. I also do not know for sure if this rumor is true.

4) Another scandal in the making? Several people, including some top online pros, have been suspecting a bot infestation at the 30-60 limit games on UB. This has been reported repeatedly to UB support, and ignored. Supposedly a UB sponsored pro (not Hellmuth or Duke) has also taken this concern to UB, and also has been stonewalled. Perhaps the scariest part -- the suspected bots have abruptly vanished when this AP scandal hit its peak, around the time when AP said a third party auditor would be looking at their system.

6) Now that AP admits a "security hole" existed, they need to appoint a neutral party to take complaints of those they feel they have been cheated. This neutral party needs to examine the hand histories in question and determine whether it happened or not. And this needs to be someone truly neutral and unrelated to this scandal -- not some crony of the KGC.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
N82, its sounds as if you have been in contact with Mark Seif regarding the HH's. I realize you said that helping with an investigation is something you are open and agreeable to, but have you asked Mark? I understand that might be difficult, but his acceptance would be greatly appreciated, and a refusal would speak volumes. PS, not to beat a dead horse, but thank you for all the hard work you have been doing. Jerry Yang says you are doing Gods work BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was contacted by someone today who told me AP was looking for a 2p2 rep to be involved in the audit and that I should get in contact with a certain person. While I'm not a 2p2-related person or even a mod (please to be a mod? ... I mainly just want to be able to read the mod forum), I would be happy to get involved and report my findings and feelings back to the 2p2 community.

I contacted the person at AP that was looking for a rep and I have not heard back.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got Mike's permission to at least request the files. Mike wants to review them first and make sure that it's the full session before public release.

Mark is going to request them now.

Unfortunately, Mike does not have copies of the HH on his computer, so the ones from AP will have to suffice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder what the chances are that Absolute will send the .xls file for that heads up session. Complete with observer information, user #'s, and IP addresses. I would guess about 50/50 based on their incompetence so far......
Closed Thread