Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 04-23-2006, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Players act out of turn-Do I have anybody to blame but myself.

OK, I stand corrected.

At any rate, in no case is "punishing the intervening players for their donkishness" a viable reason to make their action stand. In fact, the proposed course of action -- leaving two bets in the pot from the erstwhile cold-callers -- couldn't be correct except in that poster's fantasy, because a fold in turn would cost them zero bets and cold-calling a reraise in turn would cost them three.

In the OP's situation, I take it that if he'd smooth-called with the aces then their cold-call could be made to stand? Or is that NL only where the "situation hasn't changed" would apply?

Also thanks for your first post, Randy; it really clarified to me why the cold-callers can't just use this as an angle shoot to get in for the price they like.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the OP's situation, I take it that if he'd smooth-called with the aces then their cold-call could be made to stand? Or is that NL only where the "situation hasn't changed" would apply?

[/ QUOTE ]

It applies in limit also and this is a close decision, becasue the situation has changed, there is one more player in the pot than they thought.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What a lame decision. The dealer should have stopped them from acting out of turn . You 3-bet, now those donks should either have to fold, leaving there cold called bets in the pot, or call the 3-bet. It was obvious that you were not trying to angle shoot and that you were slightly preoccupied at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, and have seen dealers nullify any action taken out of turn...

Usually it involves dealer screaming, "WAIT! Action is here!"

Also, I have mucked my hand out of turn towards an unprotected hand on my right, when the player was continuously holding up the game every hand. (in the general direction, not aiming for them :P )

Dealer rakes both hands, play continues, slowpoke asks what happened to his cards, Dealer points to rule, slowpoke explodes, entertainment for everyone!