Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel

Old 11-07-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Aruba Vacation

I did a search and found very little on this forum. Just looking for some info on Aruba for anyone that has been there recently. I'm booked for December 16-23.

Let me know if you have any details about:
-poker
-nightlife
-restaurants
-activities
-beaches
-etc

Going with the girlfriend to eat drink and enjoy, poker may occur but not frequently.

TIA
Old 11-08-2007, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Aruba Vacation

Poker has been discussed pretty frequently in the B&M forum. The discussion of the games in those threads is accurate and I would refer you to that discussion.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:43 AM

Thanks, that's really not my concern, looking for more general information on Aruba vacations, poker was just a side thought.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:37 PM

good place to go windsurfing . but the beach is hot as you are near the equator. its no fun in the sun. food is terrible and not much to see or do. but the windsurfing is good.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:31 AM

Wow I disagree with a lot of this, Ray.

The sand is hot, definitely. The constant breeze keeps it tolerable at the beach. I find the breeze to be a nuisance though because of the blowing sand, and prefer the pool.

We have had several outstanding meals in Aruba over the past few years. Last year we went to a relatively new place. Madame Janette. Excellent meal. Another place, on a pier jutting out into the water, I think the name of that one is Marandi. Another very good meal.

And El Gaucho, in my opinion, has always been a good meal.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:28 PM

I went to Aruba about 3 years ago. It is a desert island with a constant breeze. Having grown up in Florida, neither my wife or I found Aruba to be that hot. There really isn't a lot to do there except hang out at the beach and do a few touristy excursions. There were party buses and a several night clubs that the younger crowds seemed to enjoy. The poker rooms opened around 10PM every night and there was a 1/2 PLHE game most nights at the Holiday Inn (no idea if that is still accurate).

One restaurant my wife and I really enjoyed was the Driftwood. It is located downtown. The owner runs a fishing boat during the day and you eat what he catches at night. His wife is the restaurant hostess. Good food at a good price.