Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: 3/6 - I want to call with 3rd pair (smallish pot)

Given that our hand looks a lot like 99-QQ going for pot control, his range here is basically trips or better here always if he's betting for value given his bet sizing. Also, I don't necessarily think our hand = A high here since he can probably be bluffing with 22-55 some of the time, but I do think our hand=AA here. I'll even say that our hand=KT here against this particular opponent. The only way that wouldn't be true is if he likes to flat TT/JJ preflop here sometimes, which is very unlikely here I would think.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given that our hand looks a lot like 99-QQ going for pot control, his range here is basically trips or better here always if he's betting for value given his bet sizing. Also, I don't necessarily think our hand = A high here since he can probably be bluffing with 22-55 some of the time, but I do think our hand=AA here. I'll even say that our hand=KT here against this particular opponent. The only way that wouldn't be true is if he likes to flat TT/JJ preflop here sometimes, which is very unlikely here I would think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our hand doesn't =KT because us having KT makes him way less likey to have a K.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:37 PM

I don't think our hand looks at all like 99-QQ. Most people bet the flop with > 2nd pair. I think he puts us on about what we have (or worse, but probably not better).

I mean, against someone who thinks I'm a really aggro bluff all the time player, I'm betting 99 or A8 like this all the time.

I would fold the Q7 here, and I think I would fold QQ as well here, but I think it's def. a lot closer with QQ. However, this line coupled with the river card makes me think he's hardly ever bluffing here.

That's just me though, and I have absolutely no idea how kitty plays.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Our hand doesn't =KT because us having KT makes him way less likey to have a K.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's relevant.