Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Nightmare on Elm Street for the Dems

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That each individual is endowed by his Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are the rights to life, liberty, property and the pursuit of happiness

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
3. Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted

[/ QUOTE ]Move along..

[/ QUOTE ]

...or as naturally planned, what's the difference? Obviously the natural plan is for the nuclear family unit. If you don't believe in God you still believe in Nature, right?

Maybe some people should try to get past their distaste of religion and actually look at what's being worked towards.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stock market record highs

[/ QUOTE ]

Dems don't give a crap.

[ QUOTE ]
Military and civilian casualties in Iraq lowest in 12 months last month

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I'm sure everyone is doing a 180 on their view of the war because slightly less innocent people died last month. Time for a reality check dude.

[ QUOTE ]
100,000 jobs created last month
Core inflation stable
Consumer spending up
Construction and housing starts up

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you expect someone who supports universal health care to know/care about the economy?

Leftist voter turnout will be very high in 08', because of the war, and because we've had a republican president for 8 years. The interesting part will be if the anti-Hillary right will be motivated enough to take her down.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:45 AM

Of course I believe in nature, it's why I think people being gay is natural, as it happens in nature with other animals. I just think as a culture, moving backwards socially isn't a great idea.

And I'll get over my distaste of religion when THEY get over THEIR hard on for discriminating against the gays! /childishness

[ QUOTE ]
The interesting part will be if the anti-Hillary right will be motivated enough to take her down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man.. I tell ya, if the race comes down to Rudy vs Hillary, I really am moving to another country. I could stomach 8 years of Bush because he's hilarious, but I can't stomach another "lesser of two evils" vote. Well, I guess I'd just be voting for a 3rd party candidate again, since I have no money to move. (That's right, I'm unemployed (laid off) AND liberal, but not on unemployment (by choice). Suck it, everyone who thinks all liberals leech off the system!)
Old 10-02-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That each individual is endowed by his Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are the rights to life, liberty, property and the pursuit of happiness

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Move along..

[/ QUOTE ]

...or as naturally planned, what's the difference? Obviously the natural plan is for the nuclear family unit. If you don't believe in God you still believe in Nature, right?

Maybe some people should try to get past their distaste of religion and actually look at what's being worked towards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Religious fundamentalism = forcing your religion onto others. I don't think that's what the founding fathers wanted.

Last election, I saw a show on PBS about all the 3rd party candidates. They showed the Constitution party nominee basically just talking about THE LAWD JEEEZUS CHRAHST the whole time. He homeschooled his kids, with the curriculum being reading scripture for half the day. Now I'm not saying he shouldn't be allowed to do that, I'm just saying the CP is all about promoting religious fundamentalism under the guise of the constitution.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:18 AM

I agree that 2008 is up for grabs. I think the Republicans will make a big mistake if Rudy is the nominee. Any dividend they might be able to reap from Clintongate will be negated because of Rudy's own personal history. And if there are people who won't vote for a woman, there are also people who won't vote for someone named Giuliani. I can see Hillary winning some up-for-grab states that she wouldn't against somebody else--Florida, West Virginia, Ohio.

Romney would be a much more viable candidate for the Republicans, it seems to me.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:45 AM

Sure, as long as all those "You can only trust a Christian" voters are cool with not voting for a Christian..
Old 10-02-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, as long as all those "You can only trust a Christian" voters are cool with not voting for a Christian..

[/ QUOTE ]

"Forty-three percent (43%) of American voters say they would never even consider voting for a Mormon Presidential candidate": http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_c...ormon_candidate

The only thing worse is being a Muslim or an atheist.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:20 AM

Hi Copernicus.

The republicans have thier own nightmare. There are a lot of republicans, me for instance, who are disenchanted with their own party.

Stu
Old 10-02-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course I believe in nature, it's why I think people being gay is natural, as it happens in nature with other animals. I just think as a culture, moving backwards socially isn't a great idea.

And I'll get over my distaste of religion when THEY get over THEIR hard on for discriminating against the gays! /childishness

[/ QUOTE ]
Hm, I don't think a big deal should be made over whether gays can marry. I don't see it as a pivotal issue regardless. Civil unions or marriage - either works - so I pay attention to the rest of the positions more. I think the argument is overblown by both sides (no pun intended). So anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
Man.. I tell ya, if the race comes down to Rudy vs Hillary, I really am moving to another country. I could stomach 8 years of Bush because he's hilarious, but I can't stomach another "lesser of two evils" vote. Well, I guess I'd just be voting for a 3rd party candidate again, since I have no money to move. (That's right, I'm unemployed (laid off) AND liberal, but not on unemployment (by choice). Suck it, everyone who thinks all liberals leech off the system!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Rudy vs. Hilllary would be trouble. Both are Authoritarians with a capital "A". May Heaven forfend.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Hm, I Think You\'re Probably Right, Ron, At Least Partially

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Move along..

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Religious fundamentalism = forcing your religion onto others. I don't think that's what the founding fathers wanted.

Last election, I saw a show on PBS about all the 3rd party candidates. They showed the Constitution party nominee basically just talking about THE LAWD JEEEZUS CHRAHST the whole time. He homeschooled his kids, with the curriculum being reading scripture for half the day. Now I'm not saying he shouldn't be allowed to do that, I'm just saying the CP is all about promoting religious fundamentalism under the guise of the constitution.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading more of the site I'm beginning to suspect you are correct. I'm a bit of a religious fundamentalist myself but the CP is turning even me off with their harping on religion so much. It's too bad, because I really like the ideas of getting back to our true Constitutional roots and protecting our borders. Even though they say they are for religious pluralism/freedom of religion, it sounds as if they would much prefer to be living in the U.C.S.A. = United Christian States of America. That's just a bit much for me; too bad. Well I'll read further and see if this intuitive impression is further bolstered.