Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-01-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm 9/30

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A little last season and more so this one, it seems that Larry def curbed his enthusiasm.Pun intended.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you officially lose the right to voice your opinion on comedy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-01-2007, 11:07 AM

This episode seemed a little forced to me, but a few parts still had me rolling and overall it was a solid episode.

Everybody needs to quit crying about how CYE isn't what it used to be. So what? It's still great television and I could watch LD in the supermarket with a camera crew for hours. Anything this man does is hilarious.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, you have to understand that LD's character is basically the same as Jerry's in Seinfeld.

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry David is much more like George imo, especially in how neither of them can resist shooting themselves in the foot again and again, it's what they do it's who they are, they must be heard never mind the consequences.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got into CYE recently and just finished season 3 last night. I was having a discussion with shaniac about it because I really started to not like the show in the second half of season 3. I thought they really took Larry's level of annoyingness to a whole new level. It was almost like they were deliberately trying to piss me, as the viewer, off.

Shane said Larry hit him that way some in season 5 or 6 and that he thought Larry does that to everyone at some time or another. I really loved the first 2.5 seasons but am not even sure I want to go on with season 4. Anyone have any comments or am I just retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't like season 3 too much either. Season 4 is the best of 1 through 5. Keep going.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, you have to understand that LD's character is basically the same as Jerry's in Seinfeld.

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry David is much more like George imo, especially in how neither of them can resist shooting themselves in the foot again and again, it's what they do it's who they are, they must be heard never mind the consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree with this. Larry's character is just like George, all the antics are basically the same. George was also my favorite character on Seinfeld, so it's not surprise I love CYE so much.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:40 PM

I noticed the Neil Strauss cameo. Maybe he gamed LD?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, you have to understand that LD's character is basically the same as Jerry's in Seinfeld. Both are self absorbed and only care about themselves. Everything that LD does is to make his life easier. It's hard to see the humor in that sometimes and that's why some people hate the show. But if you see the humor in it, it's hilarious. Like last week, his buddy's mother died, and Larry is more concerned about ice cream dripping off the cone than how his buddy is coping w/ the death.

[/ QUOTE ]

As some of you have mentioned, LD's character is definitely based on George. He even gets offended in prior seasons when Jason Alexander talks about how George was such an idiot on Seinfeld (obv because it was based on Larry).
Old 10-01-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf im an idiot. when was this?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got into CYE recently and just finished season 3 last night. I was having a discussion with shaniac about it because I really started to not like the show in the second half of season 3. I thought they really took Larry's level of annoyingness to a whole new level. It was almost like they were deliberately trying to piss me, as the viewer, off.

Shane said Larry hit him that way some in season 5 or 6 and that he thought Larry does that to everyone at some time or another. I really loved the first 2.5 seasons but am not even sure I want to go on with season 4. Anyone have any comments or am I just retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand ur line of logic here.

Larry goes nuts and does insanely offensive things to (often realistic). I understand why the character u would feel empathy for but why would u get offended personally this i do not understand at all.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf im an idiot. when was this?

[/ QUOTE ]

must have been the skinhead? i always miss cameos, i suck at recognizing faces.