Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 04:09 AM

Default Just out on DVD- The Lookout

Not quite Fargo (similar genre) but not too bad. Worth renting. The kid from 3rd Rock and Jeff Daniels, playing a blind character, star. The kid I remember from 3rd Rock is very good- Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Just out on DVD- The Lookout

I saw this...wasn't bad
Old 09-09-2007, 08:08 PM

I thought it was pretty good too. Gave it 4/5 on the Netflix scale.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:54 PM

Er...anything more? What's it about/why did you like it?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:49 PM

Wow, this movie sucked. The entire movie could be summarized in about ten words, and that's not a good thing. The biggest part of the movie (the main character's "problem") is barely even relevant to the rest of the story.

I'd give it a D, and that's generous.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:10 PM

Did you like Fargo? I found it not as good(to me Fargo was A+) but it was worth seeing. Its tough to find good ones these days. Also it got an 88% rating on Rotten Tomatoes which is darn good for that site. So alot of people think it is good including me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2007, 10:13 PM

There was something missing from it. It was a good movie but it was definitely not great. I suppose the end is pretty cool, you never really know how it's going to pan out til the very end, and it's relevant to the character's "problem". It's still a bit bland though.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you like Fargo? I found it not as good(to me Fargo was A+) but it was worth seeing. Its tough to find good ones these days. Also it got an 88% rating on Rotten Tomatoes which is darn good for that site. So alot of people think it is good including me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually hated Fargo and thought it was even worse than this movie, so maybe I just have different views on these types of movies.

[ QUOTE ]
There was something missing from it. It was a good movie but it was definitely not great. I suppose the end is pretty cool, you never really know how it's going to pan out til the very end, and it's relevant to the character's "problem". It's still a bit bland though.

[/ QUOTE ]

They definitely tie in his problem to the story, but it just seems weak. They could have made the same exact movie with a "normal" kid...semi-spoiler: <font color="white">his problem didn't make him better/worse of a choice for the robbery (since they were going to kill him anyway).</font>
Old 09-11-2007, 01:00 AM

Well for movies, like music, I like all types. But I understand both movies I have mentioned are somewhat plodding. Regardless, I respect your opinion but I also challenge you to recommend a film that has been released on DVD in the last month or two (hopefully not a largely marketed one like The Shooter which was entertaining) but something with maybe just a few copies on the wall. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well for movies, like music, I like all types. But I understand both movies I have mentioned are somewhat plodding. Regardless, I respect your opinion but I also challenge you to recommend a film that has been released on DVD in the last month or two (hopefully not a largely marketed one like The Shooter which was entertaining) but something with maybe just a few copies on the wall. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

TBH, I'm not one who searches for "sleeper" movies. I really just watch stuff that people recommend.