Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: 50NL FTP....its been a while

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Calling here, imo, is the worst option. Any spade, 8, 9, T, J, Q, or K comes and we're ???

I think we absolutely have to raise. We don't want BB tagging along getting 3:1 immediate odds on his draw (assuming here).

Too many of you are weak tight here. Call and reevaluate on the turn? If half the deck comes you're hating the spot you put yourself in, therefore, avoid doing so and raise, calling a push from CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god, someone that isn't w/t

[/ QUOTE ]

Huge difference from my game 3 weeks ago til now. Then again, I've since moved up to 100NL....
Old 07-31-2007, 08:10 PM

Can you post the rest of the street or will this give away too much?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:03 PM

trigg,

MY concern here at first is my action. No one has still responded to my suggestion of a min raise, the pros and the cons. We have seen arguments for calling, raising PSB or close, im sure some nit said fold.

I will post the rest of the action and the turn later.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:22 PM

A minraise sucks because if CO has a draw he's not getting punished nearly enough. Sure he calls with QJ or KJ, but I'm sure he calls a bigger raise with them too. This also allows BB to come along cheaper. I kinda stated this when I discussed why calling was bad, but I'd rather have this turn be HU, rather then see a 9 peel off when we're 3-way. I don't see the advantages of a minraise except getting off cheaper when BB shoves (which is really really rare IMO). I'd rather raise more and get more money in when I'm probably ahead rather than call or minraise and get less money in when I am pretty sure I'm ahead.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:25 PM

ok,

Thats that then.

As you can see, I min-raised. I felt as if it allowed me to play perfectly, as it he will likely 3 bet shove a set here, if the turn does bring a spade, I have a re-draw and if he called on the spade draw i have spade re-draw.

So....

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $51.85
BB: $30.55
UTG: $50.60
MP: $105.45
CO: $57.05
EMc (BTN): $49.00

Preflop: EMc is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.50, <font color="red">EMc raises to $2.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.50, CO calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $6.25</font>, <font color="red">EMc raises to $12.50</font>, BB folds, CO calls $6.25

Turn: ($31.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, EMc ?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:26 PM

Minraise I dont like in this spot, because he will fold all his single pairs, call profitably with draws and raise with hands that beat you
Old 07-31-2007, 09:29 PM

Since CO just called, I think KQ is in his range, 98 is as well.. as are made flushes. I don't think he just calls the minraise with JT or 22.. this is a difficult spot but I think checking behind and calling any river is pretty decent.

edit - We only have like ~35 left, so we could shove I guess, but I think it folds way too many hands and we could only hope for a call from KsQx or something I think.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:55 PM

Well, since you decided to play it this way (which I completely disagree with), I think you either push here or check behind on the turn and either call the push on the river or bet/push the river yourself.

This is the spot that you would have avoided had you made a real raise on the turn. I think you put yourself in a bad spot and now you're ??? because of it.

Hopefully you learn from this. GL.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:02 PM

raise/call push.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:21 PM

Don't you see why playing it this way is/was a bad idea? you have since given villain 4:1 on his call now on the flop and if he thinks he can get another $6 from you, you made HIM play perfect....