Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 07-31-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: 50NL FTP....its been a while

co's range looks like combo draws/JT/22/air. if we get it in here we are probably looking at being slight favorite or a sizable dog. i prefer to just call
Old 07-31-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, he limps lots of hands but once he bets full pot into two people before the pre-flop raiser has acted I give him some credit. Of course we have a good hand, also. Just don't expect him to have air or a weak draw all that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how you can assume a 16/5 unknown is solid and doesn't get it in lightly or go crazy postflop.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, he limps lots of hands but once he bets full pot into two people before the pre-flop raiser has acted I give him some credit. Of course we have a good hand, also. Just don't expect him to have air or a weak draw all that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how you can assume a 16/5 unknown is solid and doesn't get it in lightly or go crazy postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying we should fold here but to automatically assume a 16/5 unknown is a spewtard is probably not really healthy in the long run.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are over thinking and giving too much respect to the unl donk bet.

You have to reraise in this spot as this is one pair more often than not.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:16 PM

But to say he's only felting with 2 pair or a set is also not healthy in the long run. I generally call vs an unknown because it's a buyin and I can definitely note how he plays afterwards.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Raising is just as bad because it folds out all of the hands you can extract value from.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya it might get him to lay KJ or QJ , but by calling we are not punishing the draws. I think he is donk betting pot because he WANTS you to fold. If he had JT or 22 I think like 75% of the time villian goes for a checkraise. raising and winning this 25+bb pot w/o showdown puts a smile on my face
Old 07-31-2007, 06:33 PM

Calling here, imo, is the worst option. Any spade, 8, 9, T, J, Q, or K comes and we're ???

I think we absolutely have to raise. We don't want BB tagging along getting 3:1 immediate odds on his draw (assuming here).

Too many of you are weak tight here. Call and reevaluate on the turn? If half the deck comes you're hating the spot you put yourself in, therefore, avoid doing so and raise, calling a push from CO.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:02 PM

What do people think of a min raise here?
Old 07-31-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $51.85
BB: $30.55
UTG: $50.60
MP: $105.45
CO: $57.05
EMc (BTN): $49.00

Preflop: EMc is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.50, <font color="red">EMc raises to $2.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.50, CO calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $6.25</font>,

EMC does what?

Reads: Villian is like 16/5/2 over a small ass sample. Note my PFR size is small, twas an accident

[/ QUOTE ]

Grunch.

I hate placing players on a single hand, but this is like AJ almost always. He also might be one of the players who hates QQ and limped with it. I'm generally not afraid of two-pair here, but if we showdown and he does indeed show JT, I'll note it appropriately.

This is one of those very very very very few places I will put in a min-raise to push out the BB and still get a call from this guy. I intend to call a re-raise all in on the flop. If the BB cold calls the raise, then we really have to evaluate the turn and possibly quit our hand.

If he flats your min-raise, you should have PSB left on the turn and I will get the dough in here.

This is based solely on analysis of betting patterns of donk-bets and I've found that PSB's on the flop indicate top-pair or an overpair. On Txx flops, AT, KT, and JJ,QQ will often pot it.

This obviously is against typical/average not so great players who are not 2p2'ers.

Again, I hate putting him on a single hand, and it's arguably a mistake, but based on his raising range and donk-bet size, he has a J. Maybe we can give him AJ, KJ(sometimes spades), KQ(somtimes spades), QJ(sometimes spades), and possibliy QQ if he plays it weakly, for a range, but it's almost never JT or a set unless we have notes that indicates he fast plays.

The only hands we are behind are KJs and QJs (if we get it all in), but balancing that with other non-suited combos, we are ahead overall.

You already noted it, but putting in the extra $0.50 would make his first PSB larger, making your min-raise even scarier to the BB, and making it easier to make &lt; PSB on turn.

My .25/.50 cents, FWIW.

Disclaimer: Your mileage may vary with the above. Batteries not included. I'm a uNL player, so what do I know. Contains soy products.

Edit: Some fixes, and an extra hand added to the range. I know I started the posted with one hand and ended with more, so I guess I can't help but use ranges now. Go me.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling here, imo, is the worst option. Any spade, 8, 9, T, J, Q, or K comes and we're ???

I think we absolutely have to raise. We don't want BB tagging along getting 3:1 immediate odds on his draw (assuming here).

Too many of you are weak tight here. Call and reevaluate on the turn? If half the deck comes you're hating the spot you put yourself in, therefore, avoid doing so and raise, calling a push from CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god, someone that isn't w/t