Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 04:45 AM

Default Re: why aren\'t there MTT bots?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because situations constantly (or at least more rapidly than cash games) change in tournaments. Not just blinds, but you are constantly switching tables and making plays based on reads, table dynamics, how many people are left in the tournament, etc. In a cash game, you can play pretty much the same game the whole time.

Edit: BTW, I think an MTT tournament bot would be real easy to beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh nos! the blinds are going up! there's no way you could possibly program a bot to account for that!

seriously you guys are clowns. i wish i could program a MTT bot just so i can laugh at u.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not just the blinds, but the stack size changes in relation to the blinds, different parts of the tournament (inflection points?) such as the bubbles, early play, mid-stage play, early FT play, late FT play, taking advantage of people who are folding their way to a higher payoff, restealing from people raising too much..... the list goes on, ducy why a cash game bot is much easier to make/harder to exploit(in comparison).

[/ QUOTE ]

It obviously wouldn't be as good as if you're playing yourself. But you don't need to take all of that stuff into account to be +EV. A small edge along with a bot playing an asston of these tourneys a day will make money.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: why aren\'t there MTT bots?

There are MTT bots. They just have to give Men the Master 65% of their tournament winnings for life.