Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Attn: Admins...I.P. block needed.

The user who I just had you I.P. block about a week ago is now logging in from I.P. 74.32.81.97

Please block that I.P. as well, and reply when done. Thank you.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Attn: Admins...I.P. block needed.

This is why we don't usually like to do IP bans. They don't work very well, and they could potentially block people who have done nothing wrong.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:45 AM

I only ask because this guy has had 4 (or more) accounts banned and one I.P. blocked already. He knows he's perma-banned and he knows why.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:41 AM

dude,

sounds like you have a SEVERE axe to grind with this guy for some reason.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:12 AM

I'm just sick and tired of him. He's the fly in the ointment.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude,

[/ QUOTE ]

I know about the guy who deacsoft is talking about, he really is a troll. His goal is to create chaos here, loves to make dumb posts. Its either that or the guy is retarded. I think he is the only guy deacsoft ever wanted banned if it makes a difference.

deacsoft - The ban tool is never really a permanent punishment, these guys always come back in one way or another. Our hope is that getting banned makes these problematic users wake up a bit, often it doesn't make a difference of course. If he is returning and acting as a part of the community you should look the other way, but of course if he continues to be a thorn in the community's side you should continue to ban him. Over time he will either wake up or grow bored of his trolling, unfortunately thats really your only options if the ip level ban doesn't work.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude,

[/ QUOTE ]

I know about the guy who deacsoft is talking about, he really is a troll. His goal is to create chaos here, loves to make dumb posts. Its either that or the guy is retarded. I think he is the only guy deacsoft ever wanted banned if it makes a difference.

deacsoft - The ban tool is never really a permanent punishment, these guys always come back in one way or another. Our hope is that getting banned makes these problematic users wake up a bit, often it doesn't make a difference of course. If he is returning and acting as a part of the community you should look the other way, but of course if he continues to be a thorn in the community's side you should continue to ban him. Over time he will either wake up or grow bored of his trolling, unfortunately thats really your only options if the ip level ban doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

another option is for the deacsoft to make public that this new posting name is an incarnation of a perma-banned poster that is working around his ban. make it clear that anyone intentionally having a discussion with him, or replying to any of his posts, will be temp banned. obviously the key word is intent. if someone unknowingly responds, then latitude can be shown. however, after time, this poster will give up after he can't get anyone to acknowledge him.

iirc, mat had to do this once in the zoo a long time ago and it seemed to work.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

another option is for the deacsoft to make public that this new posting name is an incarnation of a perma-banned poster that is working around his ban. make it clear that anyone intentionally having a discussion with him, or replying to any of his posts, will be temp banned. obviously the key word is intent. if someone unknowingly responds, then latitude can be shown. however, after time, this poster will give up after he can't get anyone to acknowledge him.

iirc, mat had to do this once in the zoo a long time ago and it seemed to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty extreme now a days Granny, we are not the tiny community we used to be.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty extreme now a days Granny, we are not the tiny community we used to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, actually i think we are pretty tiny in the scheme of things.

i can assure you that the forum this poster is posting in is not any bigger than the IG forum used to be. if it is, it is certainly not by much. i.e. 120 people viewing a forum compared to 50 people is pretty insignificant as far as the internets goes.

this place has grown fine, but i think many of you think it is much bigger and MUCH more important than it actually is. i know this bruises some egos, but we are not the force many people think we are. for example, i laugh when i see comments that FTP *MUST* listen and immediately react to 2p2 re: the bot thing because if 2p2 players don't frequent their site they are ruined.

lolz
Old 05-13-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, actually i think we are pretty tiny in the scheme of things.

i can assure you that the forum this poster is posting in is not any bigger than the IG forum used to be. if it is, it is certainly not by much. i.e. 120 people viewing a forum compared to 50 people is pretty insignificant as far as the internets goes.

this place has grown fine, but i think many of you think it is much bigger and MUCH more important than it actually is. i know this bruises some egos, but we are not the force many people think we are. for example, i laugh when i see comments that FTP *MUST* listen and immediately react to 2p2 re: the bot thing because if 2p2 players don't frequent their site they are ruined.

lolz

[/ QUOTE ]

1 - 2+2 is the largest gathering of like minded poker players in the world. Over 100,000 unique visitors a week - thats huge. Much bigger than any of its competitors. Thats 100,000 readers.. not 100,000 sessions. 2+2 is now has a readership than dwarfs newspapers found in some major cities, and its a 100% targeted audience - thats massive.

2 - Your right, its laughable that FTP has to do what a bunch of users want, but 2+2 is now powerful enough that if Mason wanted to make something like that his personal cause in the name of 2+ 2 (which he likely wouldn't of course, nor do i think he should) FTP would likely be forced to listen and negotiate a remedy.

In short, we are not small anymore. Sure it feels lie it because the minority of posters seem to make the majority of noise, but its the silent majority that tend to lurk more than post who make 2+2 a 300lb gorilla.