Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Whats up with the Rocks

I been playing poker for the past 4-5 years, mostly live, but also online. I play on almost all sites, but have been using pokerstars because they have great software / support.

Anyways, what's up with all the rocks? I mean, cash games now play like tournaments. People don't play unless they got AK,KK,AA,AQ ...It's good and all, because I play lots of hands for the enjoyment of gambling. But I find it hilarious when I call raises with like Q10 in a cash game knowing very well that I could be dominated with something like AQ or maybe even KK, but if I flop a killer it's so easy to get money off the 'rocks'. For instance, I was playing a small cash game yesterday .5/1 and this guy raised to 5, I called with Q10 soley on hoping I flop big like two pair or a straight. Well flop comes something like Q-10-4 with no apparent flush. This guy checks trying to play tricky, blah balh, I don't, I bet out pretty big. So this guy reraises me all-in for about 100 bux in a 25 dollar pot.

I knew he either had KK or AQ.. maybe a set but doubtful since I have top two. Ends up he had AQ and no further luck for him and I won a juicy pot.

I usually get unlucky in this position cause a river will come for a higher two pair. But I always get my money in as a huge favorite because it's so easy to put people on hands. Especially at this point in Poker, SO many people play like rocks with dreams of playing as a living. I think you're more successful if you play for the enjoyment...

Don't really know my point of this thread, but whats up with all the rocks that play online now? Can you really be that successful if you only play huge hands? I find that I lose more when I play 'quality' hands... even if I play them aggressively preflop.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Whats up with the Rocks

nice hand.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:32 PM

nh, post this in BBV.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:48 PM

what happens when you flop q,5,2 do you fold to a bet or try to outplay your rock opponent. if you cant out play him how much do you lose when you dont hit on the flop and when you do hit to a worse hand. then figure out your success rate.
i suggest you find a different class of hands to chase with if that how you are going to play.
you beat rocks by stealing small pots from them or having a big stack and breaking them when you hit a surprise hand, in the right situation.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:00 PM

LOL...it already is posted in BBV...by another poster!

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

We have a plagiarist in our midst.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:40 PM

Wow, teach us some more please.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:51 PM

I fold cause I'm not a fish and I'm obviously beat, lose 5 instead of 100. Hard?
Old 04-03-2007, 01:58 PM

BTW, whoever posted this in other forum stole it. If you look at the time of post, this one was earlier than the other. That's pretty fkn lame. Probably an angry Rock. And by the way, I rarely fish. If you look, I flopped the hand that I won. I always flop it, or get the right price to chase for the nuts.

And for your Q45 or whatever flop. And he checked to me, I'd put a small feeler bet with my Q10, if he just calls then I might be ahead might not, but would proceed with caution. If he reraises than it's an easy dump. Either way, I'm risking little to win lots. And that's the point of poker whether rocks understand that or not.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold cause I'm not a fish and I'm obviously beat, lose 5 instead of 100. Hard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hensonloseslots > RayZee LDO
Old 04-03-2007, 02:07 PM

You're the lamer who copied my entire post and put it in BBV. I wasn't here to brag. I used it as an example and was wondering why there has been such a growth in players playing tighter than their grandma's a$$holes in Cash games? It's perfectly fine for me, probably even better for my type of play style. Just noticed it and was hoping could get people to support / agree that there has been a huge growth of tight players.