Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 05:02 PM

Default basic 2-4 hand, raised on river

2-4 PLO on the iPoker network last night. This is not a new network but just merged with Tribeca who probably gave it most of its Omaha players. I don't know the opp but he might know me, some players had to change their sns. He seems OK, on the aggressive side. Pretty active in small pots and has got caught in at least one medium-big bluff. Havenīt played any pots with him. He probably thinks I am overaggressive (assuming he has only played with me today) but I've just been catching a few cards. Don't know anything about his 3 betting tendencies and can't remember how he won his stack.

Guy with $400 or less (don't think he was any good) limps in MP, I raise pot to $16 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the SB. Villain reraises to $52 from BB. MP folds, I call. Effective stacks 700 or so.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check intending to raise. He checks. Turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check with no real plan. He checks. River J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet nearly the pot, $96 or something. He quickly raises the pot.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: basic 2-4 hand, raised on river

I don't really believe anyone in his right mind would raisethat river without the nuts after two checks. I amfolding almost all the time.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:37 PM

Don't overplay straights on paired boards. Bet less on the river.

Fold to the raise.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really believe anyone in his right mind would raise that river without the nuts after two checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with this statement, but if I did this would be a super-easy call.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:08 PM

call
Old 03-09-2007, 08:45 PM

im folding most of the time
Old 03-09-2007, 11:31 PM

Really this is probably 70% fold 30% call. If someone check raises the river- he usually has the goods. If he was trying to bluff - he may have just bet the river. I definately would check and call any bet he made on this river- but don't know about calling a checkraise like this because its a good chunk of your stack.

The villian 3 bet the flop... he may have something like AAxx? Thats a hand you can beat. Any hands like KKxx, TTxx, or JJxx and you lose. Hard to put him on a 6 here if he is 3 betting pre-flop unless he is aggressive. My guess is he either has kings full here or air. I call or fold based on my gut feeling. Its sick to find out he has a boat here, but the flop and turn check is pretty suspicious.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:25 AM

obviously I am exaggerating a little, but most of the time, especially against what's basically an unknown, I am folding.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really this is probably 70% fold 30% call. If someone check raises the river- he usually has the goods. If he was trying to bluff - he may have just bet the river. I definately would check and call any bet he made on this river- but don't know about calling a checkraise like this because its a good chunk of your stack.

The villian 3 bet the flop... he may have something like AAxx? Thats a hand you can beat. Any hands like KKxx, TTxx, or JJxx and you lose. Hard to put him on a 6 here if he is 3 betting pre-flop unless he is aggressive. My guess is he either has kings full here or air. I call or fold based on my gut feeling. Its sick to find out he has a boat here, but the flop and turn check is pretty suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain 3bet preflop. Not on the flop.
Villain didn't checkraise the river, he just raised it.
Calling a 'chunk of your stack' doesn't matter. This is cash, not tournament.

Not sure if that changes your opinion or not, but they are important differences.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:05 PM

I really like this spot, b/c it is so opp-dependant, but still not particularly close. A large percentage of people will have a full house here 100% of the time, and another large percent will be bluffing here 100% of the time.