Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 04:46 PM

Default Re: 11r: AA Standard?

[ QUOTE ]
In this situation with A-A, I ALWAYS, check this flop.

If he puts in a bet, I raise. It looks much more convincing that you are holding a King than it would if you just continuation bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want to represent a King here? So better hands call and worse hands fold.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In this situation with A-A, I ALWAYS, check this flop.

If he puts in a bet, I raise. It looks much more convincing that you are holding a King than it would if you just continuation bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want to represent a King here? So better hands call and worse hands fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already tried asking this question...

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
Old 08-13-2006, 10:35 PM

If you've been betting all flops where you were the PF raiser, and now you check a KKx rainbow board, I think it lets the villian know, "hey, I'm repping the K by NOT betting it, 'cause I've CB'ed every other flop...". OTOH, if you've been playing more straight-forward and not bet every flop, I'd be more apt to bet here, especially if you've been shown to bet your hands and check when you whiff.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The action was folded to Hero in the SB and he put in a raise to 2.5 BB.

You think I should run away from a c-bet from a LAG or TAG here with 7s, 8s, or 9s ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get more confused with every post of yours.

So like, why are you check/raising the flop if you think BB's will call the flop and then bet a checked turn with a random pp?

Btw, ignore my last comment, I thought you were saying that in the BB you *would* be scared off of 88-QQ to a cbet. But I reread and you obviously aren't.

But you still haven't really focused on what you originally recommended.....and the only thing I've asked about, which is the check/raise on the flop.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a check-raise on the flop looks stronger, and that's what I would do here if I was the poster.

A continuation bet doesn't scare me on this flop if I'm his opponent.

I don't like the line of "Bet Flop", "Check-Call Turn", "Go bust on the river if you have to". Most players at $10 SNGs would never put in a tons of chips without a King. With the action here preflop, I can see a $10 sng player calling out of the BB with K-Q, K-J, K-10 no problem,.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you've been betting all flops where you were the PF raiser, and now you check a KKx rainbow board, I think it lets the villian know, "hey, I'm repping the K by NOT betting it, 'cause I've CB'ed every other flop...". OTOH, if you've been playing more straight-forward and not bet every flop, I'd be more apt to bet here, especially if you've been shown to bet your hands and check when you whiff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. If I'm posters opponent, A TAG or LAG couldn't push me off any pocket pair here with a c-bet.. but probably could with a c-raise.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:24 PM

Bet or check-call flop, depending on reads. Check-call turn. Most likely bet river. I'm not folding at any point. If he has a king, he wins.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a check-raise on the flop looks stronger, and that's what I would do here if I was the poster.

A continuation bet doesn't scare me on this flop if I'm his opponent.

I don't like the line of "Bet Flop", "Check-Call Turn", "Go bust on the river if you have to". Most players at $10 SNGs would never put in a tons of chips without a King. With the action here preflop, I can see a $10 sng player calling out of the BB with K-Q, K-J, K-10 no problem,.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Ditto. If I'm posters opponent, A TAG or LAG couldn't push me off any pocket pair here with a c-bet.. but probably could with a c-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your posts just seem to totally conflict eachother... if a c.bet isn't pushing you off a pocket pair here, why would you want to check/raise and make them fold their pocket pair??

And dude, at an $11 these guys put in money with anything from A6o, and pocket pair, a ton of hands other than Kx here. You are so far ahead of an average $11's hand here that you should be totally prepared to go broke.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:42 PM

Why the [censored] are people talking about folding put pocket pairs? The whole point of this hand is to extract the most money from a hand we beat, and lose the least to a king.
I like your lead here on the flop, if raised we can be pretty sure they haven't got a king and push. If they call we can see the turn card and reevaluate. Checking the flop extracts no value from a pp and may even lose you value, a prf followed by a check on this board may indicate a king to them. If my flop lead is called I will usually just check-call the turn and river, allowing weaker to hands to bluff at me. Check-calling when they have a king could also save you money because 11 players always tend to put in stupidly small value bets, trying not to scare you away.
I'm never folding this hand FWIW at an 11.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:45 PM

What if they don't have a pocket pair? You don't know what the opponent has. If they have the King, a Check-Raise here will almost certaintly define it everytime, allowing you to get away from this situation.

Sorry, I think your advice is poor. JMO.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:48 PM

Get away from the situation, after putting like half your stack in the middle?? You're folding the best hand here SO often. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]