Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 12-01-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: December\'s \"You\'ll Shoot Your Eye Out\" NC Chat thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just wrote an upset e-mail but did not send it, but I kept it as a draft, because I really want to send it out.

Anyone besides me ever do this kind of thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did worse. I wrote a short story/essay on why I hated being married 2 months after the wedding. My husband found it 2 months later while fixing my computer. He was hurt, but it didn't have to do with HIM persay, just the institution of marriage.

5 years later we divorced. Finalized last month.

T

[/ QUOTE ]
1) LOZL
2) Ouch, that sucks, my condolences.
3) Enter it in the contest, LDO.
4. So, uh....how YOU doin'?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-01-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, you might be better off being more choosy about your friendships and not trying to force or increase the value of anything that doesn't already work well of its own accord.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree w/this statement as a general way of approaching all relationships whether they be platonic or romantic

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this was a hard lesson for me to learn in my life and it's still a natural instinct to just redouble my efforts when things aren't going the way I want them to. I've gotten a lot better at not doing that and not wanting to do that, but sometimes I have to very consciously remind myself of it.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:33 PM

Thanks a lot guys.

I am torn for a ton of reasons, and I am a total wreck right now. Can't play poker, can't eat. I just thought of a bunch of long soliloques. They were probably the most inspired things I have created in a long time.

I feel the urge to cry, It is not about her, as it is about other things, but she is a manifestation of the myriad failures that I have had over my lifetime.

I don't know, I suppose I am needy, it is something to reflect on later when I am not such a basket case. I am going to go ahead and send her what Blarg wrote. I don't care if she doesn't want to read it. It is selfish of me to say that it is for me to feel better, but that is that.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks a lot guys.

I am torn for a ton of reasons, and I am a total wreck right now. Can't play poker, can't eat. I just thought of a bunch of long soliloques. They were probably the most inspired things I have created in a long time.

I feel the urge to cry, It is not about her, as it is about other things, but she is a manifestation of the myriad failures that I have had over my lifetime.

I don't know, I suppose I am needy, it is something to reflect on later when I am not such a basket case. I am going to go ahead and send her what Blarg wrote. I don't care if she doesn't want to read it. It is selfish of me to say that it is for me to feel better, but that is that.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) LOZL
2) Ouch, that sucks, my condolences.
3) Write something for the contest, LDO.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:53 PM

In lighter Xmas news,

JESUS SAVES!!!!!
AND ESPOSITO SCORES ON THE REBOUND!!!!

Still the best bumper sticker ever.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:02 AM

Hope you don't feel too bad for too long, daveT. Everybody's been there or some recognizable variation of it. It can be impossible to imagine getting past it, but almost everyone does, almost always, and you will too. Sometimes the journey sucks hard for a while, for sure.

Also,

[ QUOTE ]
It is not about her, as it is about other things, but she is a manifestation of the myriad failures that I have had over my lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]

...don't ever get into the trap of letting one thing symbolize another. That's self-indulgence, pure torture, and an emotional death spiral if anything goes wrong, and at best unrealistic and misleading if something goes right. It's an escape from reality either way, and wastes emotional energy.

It's super hard not to think that way when depressed, though. But you have to get that kind of thought trap out of your brain as if you were hosing red ants, maggots, and ebola-laced dogpoop out from between your toes. And maybe sharks...if there were...like, these really tiny sharks...and then these sharks LIVED in the dogpoop, and...well, I think you can see where I'm going with this...
Old 12-02-2007, 12:51 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]That mind-set has been the bane of my entire life, and it is something I am constantly working on. It's not the individual thing, but a compilation of things. I guess you get the point, but have a hard time manifesting it into words as well.

Aren't we all glad that this can't possibly continue into tomorrow? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Actually, Blarg, I am not at the level of thinking that you are at yet, so I am probably wrong, and that is a new perspective.

I really, really want to apologize for bogging down the forum with this. Four pages, yuk! Can't look good that I come to a forum for help, but I can't possibly cry on her shoulder, now can I? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Sending the letter lifted a huge weight. She was probably more stress than I needed. [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Thanks a ton, guys.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave,
I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. I really feel for you. Please don't stop eating. Take the advice of Dom and Blarg. You will not get better advice. (Those guys are really good.) I hope things look up for you real soon.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:08 AM

Soooo drunk on rum and punch [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. This is a rare occasion anymore.

I am nervous about tomorrow's switch over to vbulletin. What will i do without you guys? What if i need you between now and whenever they get it up and running? Will you people still hang with us once we do the switch and everything looks weird? God i hope so.

I'm very pleased with the short story submissions we've received so far. Very pleased. I want to thank everyone who has stepped up and submitted a story. You guys are awesome and now I think I need a tissue [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2007, 04:16 AM

Super drunk here too Katy!

I'm pretty excited about the move, at first I dreaded it. I like most of us, am terrified of change. I then heard, maybe mistakenly, that it somehow improved viewing through cell phones, that alone makes me thrilled. You know you're addicted when you check your cell phone for 2+2 updates, sick.

Fortunately I won't be pained through the new system tommmorow. I've managed to weasel my way into a ladies only brunch tommorow. Yeah, most of them are married, or my dating friends, but there will be single newcomers. This is way better than a wedding.