Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: 3.40 - Priced into chasing a flush OOP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Being extremely nitty at the $3.40s is a great gameplan.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anything i am a nit early, but i don't know where people get the idea of folding this pre flop. That is just wayyyy to tight for me. There are three limpers in already, and it cost me .5bbs of my near 30 bb stack to take a flop with a decent hand. also i know i will most of the time miss or hit a small piece, but i am not going broke here with a 9 high board.

The players at this level are terrible, and if we fold here we are missing out on a great chance to take a flop and possibly stack one of these donks then coast to the bubble.

Am i wrong in thinking that completing here is wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]
98s is not a decent hand.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also call preflop. I propably fold on the flop though, theres just too great a chance that someone else has a higher flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you cannot call preflop if you're going to fold when the flop hits you. Particularly when the flop is ace high! Man, the chances are that they all have a raggy ace and not a heart between them.

Folding 98s preflop in a big volume pot for t25 is horrible. Not even nitty, just plain bad.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:31 PM

if u call suited connectors and then flop a flush draw but then fold cuz ur afraid of a higher flush draw, if you are that nitty then yes fold this preflop. me i complete n then stack chips at end of the hand.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:35 PM

IMO 98s is a decent hand in a multiway pot...
Old 11-24-2007, 09:28 PM

yeah i disagree with people saying 98s is not a decent multiway hand. i complete here with WORSE after all the limpers.... if there was 3 limpers and i was on the button id even limp (meh depends how my stack is looking at 25/50 but def at 10/20 15/30 im limping on the button with 78s+ , Axs after at least 2 limpers) passing up these edges is a leak imo at the lower levels because you will most likely stack the horrible players when u hit a big hand , and it's such a small investment.. as long as you know what your playing the hand for (2 pr or a nice draw) than your fine.
nh
if you hate playing post flop and are not confident than i guess i can see an arguement for folding.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:36 PM

I guess this is one of those situations where you are being influenced by the results. In this case a higher flush beating you. However there's really nothing else you could do in the hand, then play the way you did it. Perhaps you could check/call the river. You've been getting such a good value for your flush draw already, trying to get even more value out of it by betting into 3 players seems kinda ehh greedy/unneccessairy here. (and obviously a push-reraise brings you in trouble, or else you wouldnt have posted the hand)
Old 11-25-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess this is one of those situations where you are being influenced by the results. In this case a higher flush beating you. However there's really nothing else you could do in the hand, then play the way you did it. Perhaps you could check/call the river. You've been getting such a good value for your flush draw already, trying to get even more value out of it by betting into 3 players seems kinda ehh greedy/unneccessairy here. (and obviously a push-reraise brings you in trouble, or else you wouldnt have posted the hand)

[/ QUOTE ]

I did get beat by a higher flush in the hand, but thats not the issue. I know thats going to happen and its no biggie, but i was wondering what people thought of me chasing that draw in that situatuon. Just looking for some feedback.

But the idea of not leading into the players on the river seems bad to me. The action so far has screamed to everyone in the hand that someone is prolly drawing to the flush, so now when it hits anyone with a clue will opt to check it threw if they get the chance. There is little point, to me at least, to chase all this way, then check/pray someone is brain dead and bets a non flush hand for value.

I think leading on the river allows someone with a decent hand to talk them selfs into calling off. Its much easier in this spot to get someone to call a bet than to make them bet there hand, providing they don't have a monster.