Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:42 PM

Default What a Great Year for My Teams!

This last year has been the best that I can remember. Can anyone top this?

Baseball: My Red Sox just finished a sweep and are MLB champs. Add that to the Yankees and Cardinals (my other favs.) and that makes 42 total World Series.

NFL: The Colts won the Super Bowl and my second favorite team, the Patriots look like they will win this year. That means between my two teams, we have won 4 of the last six Super Bowls and it just may be 5 of 7 come January 2008.

My NFC co-favorites, the Cowboys and 49 ers, Giants and Redskins have been slumping lately but still, they have won a total of 14 Super Bowls and when you thow in my Steelers, my teams have won 24 total Super Bowls!!! Try to top that.

Basketball: As usual, my Spurs are on top, making it 4 titles since 1999. Also looking up, the Celtics got KG and the Bulls may get Kobe. Of course, this will hurt my other favorite team, the Lakers. My other team, the Pistons still look solid. Adding them all up though, my teams have a total of 43 championships including a whopping 11 of the last 12 and 21 of the last 25. Im also starting to like Dallas but they choked last year so I returned the hat and t-shirt that I got at the end of the regular season.

Hockey: This was a little tricky because my Ducks finally won, but they had to beat my beloved Red Wings. My other favorites, the Oilers, Islanders and Canadiens (not as much a fan of those anymore, but for a long time I was a diehard) have been having some lean times, but the Red Wings and Devils have picked up the slack. I started getting into the Ducks big time around last April and they really rewarded me with a memorable Cup victory.

College: I've been a big Florida Gators fan for the past few years and they have really paid off my patience with back-2-back basketball titles and one football title. That is huge and you know it. I used to be a big fan of the "other" Florida schools (Miami U and FSU) but they don't really have it anymore. I'm glad LSU is doing well this year and I really need Boston College to lose so my teams can have a shot at back-to-back-to-back (Texas, Florida and LSU). I haven't been a fan of USC, Notre Dame, Nebrask, or Penn State for a few years now, so I am glad they are in the tank. I was crushed last year when Rutgers missed out on their shot, but the Boise State win more than made up for it!

Otherwise, I'm a pretty straght shooter when it comes to College basketball: its all Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Florida, and UCLA over at my house.

Tennis and Golf: Another sweet year with Tiger and Roger taking care of business.

Motorsports: It looks like my boy Gordo is finally heading back for the top, and just as a fallback, I have Jimmy Johnson. This year was not too good for my other favorites Stewart and Jr., but hey, there's always next year.

In F-1, I've been having trouble finding a rooting interest since the great Schumacher retired. I was on Alonso for a bit, but now, I've been looking at this Finnish kid, Kimi Raikkonen.

World Soccer: Its been a trying time for us Brazil fans, but fortunately the Azurri picked me up and won the World Cup in 2006.

As for as the club-stuff, I really can't complain about the run Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Barca, Real Madrid, Sevilla, Milan (both Inter and A.C.) have been giving me. Really, throw in Bayern's return to form this year and you can call me one satisfied futball fan. I did miss Juve from last years CL and Serie A, but they will turn it around.

So, can anyone say they have been having a better year than me?
Old 10-29-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: What a Great Year for My Teams!

lol
Old 10-29-2007, 05:44 PM

Level?

Your name is front-runner?
Old 10-29-2007, 05:45 PM

What a great way to inspire hate and resentment.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:46 PM

He is obviously not being serious.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:47 PM

tl;dr
Old 10-29-2007, 05:47 PM

Every time one of your teams wins, another one loses.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He is obviously not being serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I get for not bothering to read, and making assumptions.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every time one of your teams wins, another one loses.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true, but I guess its in my nature to focus on the bright side. As I see it, one championship is worth 5 losing seasons. I rarely have more than 5 favorite teams for each sport, so I pretty much get that winning feeling every year.

I also look at it philisphically: I is necessary for one of my teams to lose so that I can be a champion. As the poker pros say, "you have to be willing to DIE to LIVE." I live baby, I live.

Look at the track record. It is hard to beat that and I'm with my teams in spirit with every banner, trophy, cup or whatever.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:57 PM

Sports bigamy is a crime.
Closed Thread