Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life

Old 09-25-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Building a Facebook Group

One of my roommates and I started a Facebook group to try and make really big group. Are group is called "Tattoo Us With A Lightning Scar/Dark Mark! - 1 Million Members." If you are unfamiliar with Harry Potter the tattoos would be a lightning scar on the forehead or a death mark on the forearm. Of course if our group did get to 1M we would get the tats, but that is highly unlikely. We figure if we did get 1M people in the group we would be semi-famous and be able to profit enough from this to compensate for the horrible tattoo. I am wondering if anyone has any experience building a giant Facebook group. We started this group 2 days ago and so far Justin and I have just invited all of our friends as well as having a few friends invite all their friends on Facebook. We also have a blog that we are going to be updating throughout the process with pictures and just general updates. We will be sending out notifications to everyone in the group when we update our blog... and hope we can generate some revenue through adsense clicks. We will probably make our own site if it takes off and we get to like 10k members. Basically thoughts on any of this is welcome. We are fairly serious about building this group. We are especially looking for good marketing strategies or general ideas for the group

mod note: edited out blog link
Old 09-25-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Building a Facebook Group

You forgot to put X-Post in your title. There seems like there is just a hint of spam in this post, but there's not either..
Old 09-25-2007, 04:52 PM

There is no amount of profit that would compensate for the stupidity of the tattoos.

Edit: Changed reply to suit this forum better.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:53 PM

As retarded as this group, i dont think youll have to worry about reaching a million. The biggest group i know of is man law and it is slightly less than 500K and its been around for about a year or so.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:34 PM

OP,
WTF? This is the lamest group ever.

Solami,
There are definitely groups with over 1,000,000 members (like this one), although there's no way in hell this group will even approach that number.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are group is called "Tattoo Us With A Lightning Scar/Dark Mark! - 1 Million Members."

[/ QUOTE ]

...what college do you go to?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:39 AM

OP,

for stuff like facebook groups to work, they have to be funny/interesting/or some stupid cause that people care about.

Not to be a dick but yours is none of the above, therefore it will fail. Perhaps if you had done this 2-3 months ago before everyone and their mom made groups like "OMG JOIN THIS GROUP AND I WILL EAT CREAM CHEESE" this would have worked.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:51 PM

This is terrible I agree not funny at all; I'd give it million to one odds of reaching a million members or even 10,000.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:04 PM

hahaha, im in that group and i forgot it even existed.