Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 11:31 AM

Default God gets sued (no content)

I couldn't do a link, but I thought this was a funny article and it seemed to be from a reliable news source.

Apparently a Nebraska senator is suing God. His claim states that God is responsible for massive worldwide destruction, untold damages, and millions upon millions of deaths. It will be interesting to see if God defends Himself or takes the stand. Wish I had a link. Sorry. Maybe someone else can find it. I applaud this senator although his point is to show just how frivelous some lawsuits can be. If nothing else, I think a mock trial on these matters is long overdo.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Re: God gets sued (no content)

god would win easily, as I'm almost 100% sure that the senator is in breech of contract, ie, he does not follow the laws god laid out which entitles the senator to the ennumerated benefits by god.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
god would win easily, as I'm almost 100% sure that the senator is in breech of contract, ie, he does not follow the laws god laid out which entitles the senator to the ennumerated benefits by god.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying God should counter sue for breach of contract. Fair enough. But what about the senator's very powerful claims? How does God defend against hurricane Katrina for example?
Old 09-18-2007, 12:04 PM

How can you sue God...God created the world so God owns it...Satan stole the world...and as for us people we're just a band of nomad renters passing through...

That must be why we take such bad care of the world..coz we're renters...
Old 09-18-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you sue God...God created the world so God owns it...Satan stole the world...and as for us people we're just a band of nomad renters passing through...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Vick owned all those dogs amirite?

EDIT: Wow, that analogy rules.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:38 PM

I'll stand corrected on this but I believe a group of Rabbi's put God on trial at Auschwitz and found him guilty.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you're saying God should counter sue for breach of contract. Fair enough. But what about the senator's very powerful claims? How does God defend against hurricane Katrina for example?

[/ QUOTE ]

god doesn't have to sue, it's part of the contract, the penalty clause, and one can argue that katrina was part of the penalty clause.

what is the senator's powerful claims?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:16 PM

This kind of thing requires a class action lawsuit, really.
edit: Google came up with it. http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...FcTeiB58cfy6Uw
Old 09-18-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Omaha senator, who skips morning prayers during the legislative session and often criticizes Christians, also says God has caused "fearsome floods ... horrendous hurricanes, terrifying tornadoes."

[/ QUOTE ]

well it seems that the senator is an atheist, so not under any contract with god.

so it seems to me he is asking *another god*, namely the sovereign United States, to stop the god of the bible.

It kinda makes sense, logically, because, venereal disease is the penalty for violation of god's sex laws, and we have turned to medicine to basically stop god there. I mean, with modern technology countries could engage in weather control/manipulation with the point that god could be stopped from if it was indeed god that was behind the harmful weather.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:37 PM

I am a builder and build houses avery day - that doesn't mean I own them.

I believe this subject was explored very well here -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268437/