Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: Do you think poker is a game involving skill?
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: chopsticks, fried rice, white people

Old 11-28-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tdarko you are ignoring my posts it seems!!

i am not disputing that you said there are stand alone rice dishes in thai cuisine. me stating something doesn't mean i'm saying you disagree.

the thing is you stated clearly that you believe the reason those dishes exist is basically for white people who want rice. you are absolutely dead wrong and i want you to admit that.

does anyone out there have a brain? please tell me who is making more sense, MC Chris or tdarko?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is Mc Cris, and does he post in OOT?
Old 11-28-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the thing is you stated clearly that you believe the reason those dishes exist is basically for white people who want rice.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG you're a troll. Show me where I said this...if you think the word "demographic" only means race/ethnicity then you are mistaken, b/c that is the only thing I can find in which you could possibly think that I "clearly stated that those dishes exist basically for white people who want rice."
Old 11-28-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thai food is meat based not rice based fwiw, rice dishes are only there b/c many people don't eat traditional Thai.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sorry that i interpreted "many people" as white people. clearly you just meant "people".

but at the end of that quote you do insinuate that rice dishes aren't "traditional thai" do you not?
Old 11-28-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thai food is meat based not rice based fwiw, rice dishes are only there b/c many people don't eat traditional Thai.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sorry that i interpreted "many people" as white people.

[/ QUOTE ]

racist ban plsonetimeftw
Old 11-28-2007, 01:35 PM

you two are both losers. can't we go back to talking about rice. that subject beats whatever you two are arguing about.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:02 PM

punkass,

[ QUOTE ]
you two are both losers. can't we go back to talking about rice. that subject beats whatever you two are arguing about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you be a loser if someone came out of nowhere, you weren't talking to them, they started to twist your words around to create an argument and all you do is defend yourself? If that happened to you, would it make you a loser? You are calling me a loser for being trolled.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tdarko,

You seemed to suggest that rice-based dishes were not "actual Thai dishes." This is what Chris is disputing, and his post did make sense.

I have no idea about any of this, and this is a really stupid thread, but I thought I'd clear this up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been in inner Thailand. No one wants to eat actual Thai dishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what this means........

But let me say this... Fried rice is very much a stand alone meal in Thailand. I can't comment on how the fried rice is at places in the states is, but I would imagine it is fine. I will say that the food at most american Thai restaurants is similar to what is found over here, and sometimes better.

Any donkey who claims crap like "It's not authentic Thai food" is likely just trying to sound smart.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Thai restaurants I went to in the USA after living in Thailand were horrible. It seems like you probably prefer fusion if you think Thai food sometimes tastes better in the USA than it does in Thailand. As for authenticity, that might be the case for the simplest of meals like green curry or grapow but there dozens of very common Thai meals that I can't imagine being replicated in the USA due to the lack of ingredients. When I search for pictures of Thai food on Yahoo images, I cant tell 100% from each picture whether it was taken in Thailand or not.

If you guys can't even get them to give you chopsticks, how are going to get anything with more than two green chilies?

We tried to cook some cook Thai meals for my family with ingredients brought back and they couldn't eat more than a few spoonfuls. The Thai palate (once you go beyond pad thai) takes some getting used to. Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
garcia,

"Am I alone in being able to use both chopsticks, and fork and knife?"

No. Pretty much every non-Asian in the Bay Area knows how to use chopsticks. And some of the Asians know how to use knife and fork.

[/ QUOTE ]

... once again proving that we live in the Modern Cradle of Civilization.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:19 PM

i'm not trolling man, can you just answer this?

when you said:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you mean to imply that rice dishes != traditional thai?