FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Sean Taylor Shot at Home

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also he spits on people!

[/ QUOTE ]

disgusting behavior. Shame on you. No matter how you want to explain this line, you have to take into consideration the time and place to even make the comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to belabor this, but the "place" is the damn internet. To the best of my knowledge Taylor's family is not reading 2p2. To the best of my knowledge most everybody here only knows him from watching football. If you are reading the internet expecting nice and sensitive, you are painfully misguided.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's so sad to watch you dig this hole. Not *remotely* surprising given what we know about you. But it's still sad. You have exactly zero class.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He had a machete next to his bed?

[/ QUOTE ]

he probably wasn't allowed to own a gun due to the incident with the dudes trying to steal his stuff.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the play that won me over:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQH8...eature=related

RIP

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if Brian Mooreman was relieved or saddened when he heard this news. I expect a little of both.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the play that won me over:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQH8...eature=related

RIP

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if Brian Mooreman was relieved or saddened when he heard this news. I expect a little of both.

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: also, RIP
Old 11-27-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would anyone with medical knowlege care to explain what exactly happens when your femoral artery gets severed and more importantly, what the doctors could do to save him.

Seems like it would be hard to reattach such a major artery.

[/ QUOTE ]

You bleed and bleed. I know that sounds trite, but that's really the long and short of the problem. Reattaching is relatively simple (vascular surgeons do way, way more complicated stuff daily), but the blood loss is so ridiculous that you really have to get to an OR fast. Sadly, quicker medical attention would have most likely saved him. He was most likely screwed by the time the cops or medics showed up. You just have to stop massive bleeding like that or you're dead in a matter of minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably didn't get his femoral artery severed, he'd probably have died right away. The problem with trauma in the groin is that the groin contains some of the most complicated vascular systems in the body. What most likely happened is that the doctors missed a bleed somewhere during surgery, but this is pretty common with trauma in the groin (which is way more common in car accidents). The trauma (blood and other material) makes it almost impossible to repair all the damage and its unfortunate that Taylor didn't pull through.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RIP

its sad how little wrong a black man has to do to be considered some sort of thug/gangster, etc. dude was from a middle class family and his dad is a police chief. he had one run in with someone who he thought had stolen his property and so many people are quick to think he must have brought it upon himself when he's gunned down in his own house

[/ QUOTE ]

so friggin true. The ESPN column about Taylor "turning his life around" is a complete joke/insult.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's a lot to this, but what of all of his teammates who talk a lot about how he had matured so much in the last few months? Wilbon made some comments in his chat yesterday that made it sound like he found this relatively unsurprising, and I think he's probably unlikely to write off misbehaving black athletes as thugs. It seems like trying to infer much of anything of his life from what the media says is difficult and unlikely to be correct.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:53 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also he spits on people!

[/ QUOTE ]

disgusting behavior. Shame on you. No matter how you want to explain this line, you have to take into consideration the time and place to even make the comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to belabor this, but the "place" is the damn internet. To the best of my knowledge Taylor's family is not reading 2p2. To the best of my knowledge most everybody here only knows him from watching football. If you are reading the internet expecting nice and sensitive, you are painfully misguided.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids,

I think everyones point here was "hey, instead of saying something incredibly moronic, why not just like, not say something incredibly moronic?"
Old 11-27-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This makes me sick.

I have never really gotten upset about a 2+2 post before, but Dids you are so far out of line here its unbelievable. I think you should be permabanned for that comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who understands what Dids was trying to say here?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:56 PM

awful [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also he spits on people!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids,

I think everyones point here was "hey, instead of saying something incredibly moronic, why not just like, not say something incredibly moronic?"

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be asking too much of him. The very justification of his action points to a complex that gets created when you live in an internet world where you get to apply "rules". This is his "world", and he's never wrong here. If he bans you he's right. If he deletes your post he's right. And then when he says something incredibly idiotic, he's right. Because it's just the internet, and he's got a mod cap on.