Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2006 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Award?
Billy Donovan 1 1.67%
Vince Young 2 3.33%
Italy's WC Team 1 1.67%
Bill Cowher 0 0%
Roger Federer 11 18.33%
Dwayne Wade 5 8.33%
Tony La Russa 1 1.67%
Paul Tagliabue 2 3.33%
George Mason men's bb team 4 6.67%
Tiger Woods 28 46.67%
"Game of Shadows" writers 3 5.00%
Other 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

Jesus, Narena, respect... 150k. I have played a TOTAL of about 110K hands on those tables... I am running at 4.18 PTBB/100 over those hands by the way (or in the way you say it: 8.36 bb/100). It was more but have been running on a break-even stretch for about 17K hands now [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. Had one of almost 30K to by the way.

Whats your largest break-even stretch on those tables Narena? And the largest up- and downswing (buyins)?

Edit: Oh yeah about the players.

Players I'm having trouble with (even though some of them are pretty bad):

Bigkawik
giveusakiss
full_tilting
mr_donktastic

Players I like to play against (even though some of the mare pretty good):

chriswilson
mariojr
Narena
meate8or

Best player I ever met/ played with at those tables:

CCUUURRSE
Old 11-24-2007, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Whats your largest break-even stretch on those tables Narena? And the largest up- and downswing (buyins)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a graph of my downswings since I went full-time at the start of March. (This graphs gives no indication of profits- it purely shows downswings by date from the all-time high at that time.)

My longest downswing (which is basically a break-even period) was 5 days. It was for just over 10 buy-ins; probably closer to 12 if I exclude rakeback.

(There was a longer period at the end of August/start of September but that was when I was back in England and not playing.)

My "largest upswing" is really just another way of stating my profit to date since March, which is $138k.

(No wonder you like playing against me- I've lost more to you than anyone else!)
Old 11-26-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the regs become extremely wild and aggro, wouldnt you want to tighten up and slowplay more instead of trying to run them over as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Again you just re-emphasize my point. As you say, if the regs start becoming overly aggro it's because they think they can exploit the other regs. So, if those other regs start to tighten up and slowplay it's the second level of adaptation because they think they can exploit the new aggro regs. Then the Aggro regs make more changes and they keep probing away at each other.

You can be sure of one thing though - when good regs start trying to break down other good regs games the overall aggression is probably only going to go up in the long run and assuming both regs are equally good at adapting then nobody gains.

[/ QUOTE ]

NL100 has turned into a reg v. reg 3-bet battlefield.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:25 PM

My brother plays at the NL$100 level and has commented on that a lot. He says sometimes he looks around the 8-tables he's playing on and there is a 3-bet on pretty much all of them. It really is shooting yourself in the foot a lot of the time IMHO. I only moved over from 6-max to FR in the last few months and my 3-bet range initially would made even an FR LAG's eye's bleed but I quickly realized it was counter effective at FR NL$200 to have that wide a range. 9-tabling I rely on people not getting too wildly out of line all the time and if you 3-bet like a maniac they will start to pull all manner of crazy moves leaving you with tough commitment decisions nearly every hand. Hey, if you've got 200x the max buy in as a bankroll and a 15 buy in 3 hour downswing is water off a ducks back then go for it; push the variance as high as you can until your opponents bottle it. Otherwise grow a brain and realize that hero 3-betting every other hand because you saw Gus or Phil or whoever doing it on TV really doesn't gain you as much as you might think. In fact, unless your play in 3-bet pots is impeccable it may lose you value.

Today for example I watched GabyGaby 3-bet a CO raise from the BTN with 45s. He then flopped a FD on an ace-high wet board and c-bet his draw as opposed to peeling the free turn. Lucky for him his opponent slowplayed AK and got burnt. I know GG is a solid winning player but now that I know SC's are in his 3-bet range I also know that it's likely he'll 3-bet AQ, KQ, and possibly AJs (maybe even wider) against LP raisers. I also know that there is basically no flop he won't cbet since this was the strongest candidate you'd ever get for taking a free card as opposed to risking being c/r out of the pot. If he pulls stunts like that on me my adaptation will be to decide on a suitable calling range (including the premium pairs) that will be considerably higher in equity terms than his 3-bet range. I'll then c/r him AI on most/all flops and let the maths do the work - he'll usually miss, I put the commitment decision on him and in general I'll have a stronger range. Our variance will be epic but it's his choice if he wants to pull 3-bet squeeze plays with SC's against a regular that simply won't stand for it.

You know the former USSR and the US never nuked each other for a reason....it's lose-lose.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:28 PM

Its not a lose-lose if you are willing to go one step beyond your opponent.

If you both exert the same pressure on each other then yes it will be a wild rollercoaster ride but if you are willing to push just a little harder then you will profit in the long run.

(Edit: There will be a lot of variance in the middle but that is why we have big BRs amirite?)
Old 11-26-2007, 08:30 PM

Got my ipod touch today. Hello Ebay.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its not a lose-lose if you are willing to go one step beyond your opponent.

If you both exert the same pressure on each other then yes it will be a wild rollercoaster ride but if you are willing to push just a little harder then you will profit in the long run.

(Edit: There will be a lot of variance in the middle but that is why we have big BRs amirite?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes- you will profit in the reg Vs reg battles IF you're good enough and prepared to put in the time and effort, but at what greater expense?

I suspect most of the regs who like to get over-involved with other regs may show a profit in those battles, but overall their win-rate is lower than the more sensible regs.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Today for example I watched GabyGaby 3-bet a CO raise from the BTN with 45s. He then flopped a FD on an ace-high wet board and c-bet his draw as opposed to peeling the free turn. Lucky for him his opponent slowplayed AK and got burnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

RR with 54s OTB vs a CO raise is super standard

that spot is one of the biggest money makers, the CO just calling AK is going to put him in all sorts of terrible spots

[ QUOTE ]
If he pulls stunts like that on me my adaptation will be to decide on a suitable calling range (including the premium pairs) that will be considerably higher in equity terms than his 3-bet range. I'll then c/r him AI on most/all flops and let the maths do the work - he'll usually miss, I put the commitment decision on him and in general I'll have a stronger range. Our variance will be epic but it's his choice if he wants to pull 3-bet squeeze plays with SC's against a regular that simply won't stand for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

there aren't many premium hands(and ones like AK miss over half the flops)

so you'll be checkshoving Ahigh/smallmidpair a ton with this plan

if he gets you to stop 4betting alltoghether he's already won, or if he gets you to massively drop the steals in this spot, since it gives him more opportunities in one of the most profitable spots in fr, OTB folded to you
Old 11-26-2007, 10:00 PM

Thoughts on:
TwistedDonkey
jolohu
sUci
Narena
Tilty Tilterton
toJongbraNdon

?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:48 PM