Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 03:03 AM

Default Re: [150NL] 88 Flopped set 550bb\'s Deep

Pokerstove doesnt apply because villan doesnt play AK like this every time he has AK. Nobody is saying hes going to fold a set or 2pr, just that he wont play it like this every time.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pokerstove doesnt apply because villan doesnt play AK like this every time he has AK. Nobody is saying hes going to fold a set or 2pr, just that he wont play it like this every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
no... fail.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:09 AM

Could you please be a little less smug? We're all trying to have a conversation here, but you're only like "no", "lolz", "meh" you never actually say anything.

You think this is how this guy plays AK every time he has it?
Old 11-23-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ty for brilliantly illustrating why so many ppl are bad at poker. you can't learn in a typical pavlovian fashion

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I'm terrible at poker. Maybe one of these days I'll realize that it wasn't just me running bad all this time and I'll give it up.

And FWIW, you always come off as a giant douche in a lot of your posts. Clearly you're an excellent player, but your sarcastic one liners don't contribute [censored] to these threads. You mentioned conditioning...so why not explain why a play is good instead of just telling everybody what to do?

As you can see, you were clearly wrong about this hand (not that you'll ever admit it). Villain himself even made a comment that he practically never has AK and only sometimes 44 here. Normally you give really good advice (in between all the sarcasm), but there have been a few threads where you've just been plain wrong and refuse to listen to anyone else no matter what. Obviously we can't always be right, but the difference is most of us are willing and capable of admitting it.

/rant
Old 11-23-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How often is set over set occurring compared to a normal hand where he can make 30-50 bb off a weaker hand, not to mention that he prob gets 300bb in with set over set anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

when do u make 30-50bbs here v. someone who doesnt have a set? AK, KQ, maybe, and if they have this, then betting the flop is good. I have this thing about betting to extract value and conceal my hands. I feel like the flop bet is optimal.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:16 AM

C'mon peoples, settle down plz.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no... fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

the worst part about you being so smug in this reply is that you are wrong. Like... reallly really wrong. People don't bet/3-bet AK on this turn at the same frequency that the bet/3bet AA/KK. you want to argue with this? seriously? The actual villain from the hand is even telling you doesn't play AK like this and you still want to argue?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How often is set over set occurring compared to a normal hand where he can make 30-50 bb off a weaker hand, not to mention that he prob gets 300bb in with set over set anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

when do u make 30-50bbs here v. someone who doesnt have a set? AK, KQ, maybe, and if they have this, then betting the flop is good. I have this thing about betting to extract value and conceal my hands. I feel like the flop bet is optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to hijack (thread seems played out anyway), but what is a standard flop bet here for villain w/ a set? (i think he bet 18 into 22). 15, or 2/3, is standard?

do any good players nearly always bet a set amount (ie 2/3 or 3/4), or is it best to mix up your c-bets to fit each situation? obviously, if mixing it up, and generally betting 2/3 w/ sets and monsters, you'd have to sometimes bet pot w/ them, or sometimes bet 2/3 w/ garbage, etc.

any good rules of thumb for this noob to follow w/ regard to c-bets?

I guess it depends on your image Danibus and how light people will call you down. I like a bet on this flop when you think people will call you lighter ie. PP's 99->QQ

Also i suppose it helps balance your range when you wiff the flop with say AQ and cont bet.

FWIW i think you played the hand perfectly and if you had say, checked the flop it would send off warning bells if you showed aggression at any other point letting him get away cheaper.

Interesting hand none-theless
Old 11-23-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i know he has a set on flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

How the [censored] do you know that he has a set?
Closed Thread