Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: supernova elite quest for next year

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Right, but those cash bonus' don't start kicking in until after you reach Elite status. In order to get the full 100k, you'd need to reach Elite three times over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you are talking about.
If your win-rate is exactly 0BB/100 then making it to Elite will get you $100k for the whole year and you will be getting most of that cash as you go.

If you purchase one $1500 SN bonus after another then you will earn roughly $51-52k worth of FPP's alone.
The different milestones add up to $17,750 after you factor in the points you had to spend to purchase them.

So that's about $68k in cash, most of which you will get well before the end of the year.
Then when you get to Elite you get the extra $30k-$32k in tourney-value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am talking about the 100k in Elite bonus' that start after you have accrued 1M VPPs. You can buy 10k every 250,000 VPP you earn up to 3M, with the 2M and 3M milestones being worth 20k.

I see what you are saying with the FPP accumulation, and I agree that there is a substantial amount of money to be made just from the different milestones along the way, but I think we are both in agreement that it would be an absolute horrid way to make a living for a year, and if you posses the skills to put in that many table hours a day/week, then your best bet would probably be to play at a level where you can beat the game consistently, and take any added money (be it FPPs, milestones, or straight rakeback) as a bonus. That way you can actually enjoy the money you are making.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right now I am super nova. This coming year I will be going for nova elite. I think im going to either 16 table $50-1 6 handed or do the $60 and $100 sngs. I would like to get some fed back though on what other players in my shoes plan to do, or think would be best.
thanks
Imeasy2read.

[/ QUOTE ]

get better at poker, and make more money playing a higher limit than grinding out FPPs at 16 50NL tables for 200 hours a month
Old 11-21-2007, 10:34 PM

I plan to only 16 table 50-1 or sngs probably for only a month and then obv move back up to 1-2 i'm over rolled for everything I play... let me elaborate I made a deal that id make nova elite this coming year so the money isn't the main concern since i'm going to honor my deal so ill be sacrificing my year to get to nova elite and by the math ill prob make around 150k which im sure id be content with. ill get sick of 50-1 and go back to 1-2 12 tabling or 9 and the higher sngs wouldn't run enough to do more then 12 at a time so regardless I wouldnt be standing still all that long
Old 11-21-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I plan to only 16 table 50-1 or sngs probably for only a month and then obv move back up to 1-2 i'm over rolled for everything I play... let me elaborate I made a deal that id make nova elite this coming year so the money isn't the main concern since i'm going to honor my deal so ill be sacrificing my year to get to nova elite and by the math ill prob make around 150k which im sure id be content with. ill get sick of 50-1 and go back to 1-2 12 tabling or 9 and the higher sngs wouldn't run enough to do more then 12 at a time so regardless I wouldnt be standing still all that long

[/ QUOTE ]

Made a deal with who? The only deal you should have is the one with Future You, which is that you'll maximize your profits and not get sick with poker.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:53 PM

ummm, what deal did you make that you are forced to potentially sacrifice EV just to make Elite?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:13 PM

IF you did it at 200NL, you'd be looking at somewhere around 140k hands/month. At 100NL, where I think it's somewhere around .4 VPP/hand, you're looking at 210k hands/month. Every month, for 12 months.

I'd rather kill myself.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:35 PM

I made a deal with my fiance and trust me you dont want to know what the terms and conditions are... let alone getting into what my alternatives were so gl me and my sanity(:
Old 11-21-2007, 11:38 PM

So basically your fiance doesn't want to talk to you or see you for an entire year?
Old 11-22-2007, 12:24 AM

she couldn't get rid of me so she did the next best thing(:
Old 11-22-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I made a deal with my fiance and trust me you dont want to know what the terms and conditions are... let alone getting into what my alternatives were so gl me and my sanity(:

[/ QUOTE ]

yes we do. I cant even imagine what gf would propose you needed to make SNE. I cant even fathom a situation were such a deal would be worth the sacrifice in EV.

You really need to elaborate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]