Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Old 10-30-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: question about building a bankroll

[ QUOTE ]
I can afford to play the higher limits because i hit a bad beat jackpot online recently. Also, was lucky with a few mid level tournaments locally. I had people who tell me why dont you just try and build a bankroll like the guys on tv. Im curious for the high limit players..... what's your motivation for building a bankroll? Is it to have a better lifestyle or do you just want to play the highest limits possible? In my case after the bad beat jackpot i just withdrew most of my funds and invested it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The motivation to build a bigger bankroll? To make a higher wage and have a smaller chance of going broke. My formula is 500 big bets at the second highest level you play + 50 big bets at the highest level, a couple of buyins. If you lose the excess at the top level then drop to second level until you build up another buyin or two to take a shot at the higher level again. If you fail a few times then consider not moving up for a while.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:31 PM

Here's a good discussion on bankroll management and how I think you should look at it

http://www.pocketfives.com/5C57520F-8A89-43F3-97E6-54D240CB3E59.aspx
/fixed your link
Old 10-30-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can afford to play the higher limits because i hit a bad beat jackpot online recently. Also, was lucky with a few mid level tournaments locally. I had people who tell me why dont you just try and build a bankroll like the guys on tv. Im curious for the high limit players..... what's your motivation for building a bankroll? Is it to have a better lifestyle or do you just want to play the highest limits possible? In my case after the bad beat jackpot i just withdrew most of my funds and invested it.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're smart...dont get stupid. if you were to get stupid you'd take the br you have and play the highest limits possible. about 2% of the time youd go on a ridiculous heater and make about 500k+. then fanboys on this forum would analyse your play and split amongst themselves about how "sick" you are or how "donktastic" you are. minutes after that your picture would be posted and youd get 10,000 varying opinions on your appearance. fastforward 18 months and youd be on NVG as a part of a monster bustooooo post and gossip about whos schmeckel your rubbing up against for a buy in.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:20 AM

easily a top 3 poster on this site
Old 10-31-2007, 03:35 PM

Yeah, when I grow up I want to be a limon or a caterpillar.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're smart...dont get stupid. if you were to get stupid you'd take the br you have and play the highest limits possible. about 2% of the time youd go on a ridiculous heater and make about 500k+. then fanboys on this forum would analyse your play and split amongst themselves about how "sick" you are or how "donktastic" you are. minutes after that your picture would be posted and youd get 10,000 varying opinions on your appearance. fastforward 18 months and youd be on NVG as a part of a monster bustooooo post and gossip about whos schmeckel your rubbing up against for a buy in.

[/ QUOTE ]

beautiful post, sums up the forums here very well