Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 11:48 PM

Default NLTRN - Halp! How to handle spewtards?

I know this is a broad topic, and probably a standard rant as well, but bear with me. I need help here [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

I recently moved back up to the 11s, and all the overaggro loonies are making it hell on me. I spew sooooooo much money with failed c-bets. These guys just refuse to give up pots.

So what's my play here? I usually just shut down until I get a big hand, but that can just make [censored] worse. What happens if we never pick up anything big; what are we willing to get it in with?

Another question: how do you play weak hands oop? Example: spewmonkey limps, we check with some garbage hand. We flop bottom pair. How are we playing this and what factors in to your decision?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: NLTRN - Halp! How to handle spewtards?

3b pre light, c/c light, and adjust if he decides to?

I mean, in your example it really depends. I would begin by never leading, and c/c'ing most of the time unless the board is gross. The next streets are completely dynamic :\
Old 10-11-2007, 12:07 AM

Playing these guys is like the ATM breaking on you. Just call more. If you show aggression, they will slow down on you.

These weirdos are all over the fives and sixes, you haven't played against this style yet?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 AM

Playing these guys is the best wtf. Why would you want to play a nit? Just grow balls and be a calling station, it will get them to tilt and spew more $$$$$$$$
Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 AM

These guys drive me crazy as well. Played one tonight and 3bet him a lot followed by a half pot or so c-bet which was effective. I call more out of position, but play flop or fold. Don't get too light in calling their 3bets, however.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:18 AM

I never noticed too many at the 6s, but I only played 100.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These guys drive me crazy as well. Played one tonight and 3bet him a lot followed by a half pot or so c-bet which was effective. I call more out of position, but play flop or fold. Don't get too light in calling their 3bets, however.

[/ QUOTE ]
The guys I've been playing are more aggressive oop, for some reason. They call a lot of my pf raises and constantly c/r or call down really light (double barrels included).

Most of their button play involves just limping then betting every flop (minbet or pot, but never anything in between).
Old 10-11-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The guys I've been playing are more aggressive oop, for some reason. They call a lot of my pf raises and constantly c/r or call down really light (double barrels included).

Most of their button play involves just limping then betting every flop (minbet or pot, but never anything in between).

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they playing more aggressively on drawy boards mostly? I guess I would start committing with hands like TPNK more and c-bet less. Float donk bets a lot and take it away from them if they don't fire again. I'm pretty inexperienced against them at these levels, but a general rule in poker is to play the opposite of what your opponent is playing so get more solid and commit more with more hands.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:28 AM

I find that just playing extremely straight forward works well against these players. I only raise strong hands because they seem to call regardless, and I only bet my strong ones because they seem to raise anyways.

I mix it up a little with my big hands but thats it.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:06 AM

dont raise marginal or weak hands pre, dont continuation bet unless you think you are ahead. i tend to fold bottom pair to any real action, as playing it really is not necessary, and is liable to go horribley wrong. also take super weak lines when you flop the nuts: ie bet flop a weird amount then play scared: if they are an aggro donk they will think the pot is for the taking and often triple barrel shove (esp if you can rep a draw that misses). people really underestimate how much acting weak can help you beat these guys, they think the guys are too dumb to bother repping a hand; they are dumb, but usually still try and put you on a hand, even if that hand is the hand they want you to have, rather than one that makes sense.