Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Give Up Poker For True Love?
yes 293 72.35%
no 112 27.65%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
TFG,

Don't forget to wear Teal to the game, it is a Teal-Out. Enjoy, Garrard is going to go off this week. Oh and Freddy T for 100+, yeah I said it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone better paint the tarps. Having a [insert color]-out is tired and lame enough, but if you don't even have a sell out its just plain sad.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TFG,

Don't forget to wear Teal to the game, it is a Teal-Out. Enjoy, Garrard is going to go off this week. Oh and Freddy T for 100+, yeah I said it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone better paint the tarps. Having a [insert color]-out is tired and lame enough, but if you don't even have a sell out its just plain sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little less of a hater then Noodle, but I was gonna say...uh what's the deal with the "eal out". Isn't that a college thing. I just went to Purdue v. OSU last week and Purdue had a blackout (a got beat unmercifully ahhaah) but I hadn't heard of an NFL team doing it. Any history there?

Cody
Old 10-11-2007, 03:30 PM

The game is blacked out.

Ask Vic 10/11.

[ QUOTE ]
Caryn from Jacksonville: I don't understand. How can we have dominated the last two road games and now have a big division game and still have 5,000 unsold tickets? It's embarrassing.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Vic: Everyone needs to calm down on this subject. It is what it is and it will change in time because time is tradition and tradition is what a franchise is really selling. The simple fact of the matter is that Jacksonville was awarded a franchise that its demographics didn’t warrant. The town just isn’t big enough. The belief was that Jacksonville’s growth would take care of that, but the kind of growth that’s necessary will require years and years. We used Buffalo as an example on last night’s radio show. Everyone talks about Buffalo’s declining population and shrinking economy. Recently, Jacksonville passed Buffalo in TV market figures, but take a look at the Bills’ marketing area. It stretches from Rochester through Buffalo and Hamilton, Ontario, to Toronto. There are seven million people in that extended market area. Look at Cleveland, which has Akron, Canton, Youngstown and Toledo. Look at Cincinnati, with Columbus, Dayton and Louisville. Jacksonville doesn’t have that kind of regionality. This is going to take time. What Jacksonville has to do between now and the time when the market is NFL-caliber is to over-achieve. That’s what it’s going to take to buy time. An international game or two would help decrease supply. Next year’s home schedule has Pittsburgh and Green Bay on it and that’ll help sell tickets. Whatever it takes. That’s the motto, in my opinion. Whatever it takes to buy the time this market needs to become NFL worthy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-13-2007, 02:47 PM

Just saw that Hayward was questionable this week. That hamstring is really nagging him this season and that isn't good for the Jags pass rush.

Taylor still on the injury report but should play, he tends to play through most of those injuries(which I never understood the fragile fred nickname he got). I want him to get to 10k so bad and I wanted it to be next week and it just doesn't look like he will get there. Hopefully he plays and has a big game this week so he can have a shot on MNF against those damn Colts. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 03:21 PM

[censored], I don't have my Teal shirt, only black. I'll have to get one before the game.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:22 PM

Needle, amazing response by Vic. Makes me a believer.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:26 AM

Freddy Taylor is on the field and moving. With TFG out in JAX for the day I hope Russ is around to keep me company with todays game.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:08 PM

Hayward is inactive. Uh Oh, Jags only have 3 DE's for today. Depth is an issue today at DE, hopefully there are no more injuries.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:03 PM

Lets go defense.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:10 PM

COME ON STOP THEM HERE!!