Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Re: To the Multi-Accounters : some thoughts before this upcoming Sunda

[ QUOTE ]
I started this thread to make people aware of the situation. Not to destroy the reputations of people I like. If others want to do that, that is their decision, as not doing so is mine. I would consider it to be a very scumbaggy thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

You LIKE people that are cheating you and me out of equity? Are you that desperate for friends?

This thread has really been bothering me all day. I am very disturbed to learn about the apparent amount of cheating that is continuing (by "top" players) and also very disturbed that people like ActionJeff are apparently doing nothing about it because they "like" the cheaters. Give me a break.

Jeff, you claim to care about the integrity of the game, and then stand by and do NOTHING while people you know cheat? This thread comes across as nothing other then a copout. You apparently don't have the balls to confront the cheaters directly, so you are doing it here, apparently to assuage your own uneasiness over the ethical dilemma you apparently believe you are in.

Some here are apparently impressed. Don't count me as one of them.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:56 PM

How much of an advantage do you think each of the scenarios would give a player. Maybe I'm just being simply naive, but I don't see double buying in being a huge advantage, unless you were to at somepoint chipdump to yourself. I think getting advice from a player that is better then you would be much more beneficial.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I back everything Jeff posts.

And I'll fight you if you disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

GJ Jeff, honest gent is the only way I can depict you here. Don't let the children get to you sir.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much of an advantage do you think each of the scenarios would give a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a good player were to have 3-4 entries in all the Sunday majors he could easily make 7 figures annually just playing 52 days a week.

Multi-accounters increase their expectation x times(where x = number of entries)
Old 07-08-2007, 11:09 PM

And yes I realize that it's not a true increase of x but don't be a nit.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much of an advantage do you think each of the scenarios would give a player. Maybe I'm just being simply naive, but I don't see double buying in being a huge advantage, unless you were to at somepoint chipdump to yourself. I think getting advice from a player that is better then you would be much more beneficial.

[/ QUOTE ]

The players who would be interested in multi-accounting do so because their edge over the average player is very, very high.

So they want to exploit that edge as many times as possible.

It's like if you knew someone giving infinite action 6:1 odds on weighted dice, but you only get to roll once.

Would it surprise you if people showed up in disguises trying to get a second, third, or even fourth roll?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:15 PM

I don't play mtts that much but I played the Sunday Million on Stars today. Was wondering how there were so many entries. Makes sense.

So basically people just have a bunch of computers near them and play one account on each? I didn't think this was still that big of a problem anymore.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play mtts that much but I played the Sunday Million on Stars today. Was wondering how there were so many entries. Makes sense.

So basically people just have a bunch of computers near them and play one account on each? I didn't think this was still that big of a problem anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's hard to conclude how prevalent multiaccounting is, obviously because no one is going to say they are multiaccounting. What is a good estimate of how many entries in the sunday million are multiple accounts?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I started this thread to make people aware of the situation. Not to destroy the reputations of people I like. If others want to do that, that is their decision, as not doing so is mine. I would consider it to be a very scumbaggy thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

You LIKE people that are cheating you and me out of equity? Are you that desperate for friends?

This thread has really been bothering me all day. I am very disturbed to learn about the apparent amount of cheating that is continuing (by "top" players) and also very disturbed that people like ActionJeff are apparently doing nothing about it because they "like" the cheaters. Give me a break.

Jeff, you claim to care about the integrity of the game, and then stand by and do NOTHING while people you know cheat? This thread comes across as nothing other then a copout. You apparently don't have the balls to confront the cheaters directly, so you are doing it here, apparently to assuage your own uneasiness over the ethical dilemma you apparently believe you are in.

Some here are apparently impressed. Don't count me as one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is [censored]. I back Jeff on this one. He's asking people that multiaccount to stop doing it. The only people that are interested in multiaccounting are players that have extremely high ROIs. There was already an air among some people of "please stop doing it, or I'll be forced to rat you out eventually" to their friends. Now he's making it more final, with "eventually" turning into "next sunday." Atleast that's the gist I got.

I don't see how you can't understand that no one wants to rat out their friends. No one wants to bring their friends into a Zeejustin-esque "scandal" that was WAY overblown. No one can change the past, and if those multi-accounters stopped tommorow, most people see no reason to victimize them.

My personal opinion of the subject is that multi-accounting can never be stopped. Obviously, deals such as what stealthmunk described (staking very many "idiots" to fold hands and then IM the "main player" during key hands) already is widespread and will continue to go on. There is no defense against this. It is technically within the rules. And no one is currently boycotting big-time stakers that do this, and I doubt they ever will, even though it is even more dangerous than regular multi-accounting ala Zeejustin. And if they did (boycott those big players), the players would just shut up about it. Contrary to popular belief, most really big, "true winners" (those who make money and keep it by playing smart) don't have big egos.

The end result is that the only thing that can be done is to hurt players' reputation. That's already being "done": you are free to talk about any players you want to. But almost no one seems ready to want to do that. I certainly wouldn't do that. In the end, people are self-interested. As for the situation at hand, stronger opinions (whether to criticize players that multi-account, players that stake bad players intending to take over, players that stake good players, or even just players that change names to get action) will develop with time.

dice
Old 07-08-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread has been bothering me all day

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

thank god:
1) I don't play high stakes (where the multi-accounting is likely more prevalent
2) this isn't my way of making a living.

I always try to convince people that internet poker is legit... but I guess I should stop doing that.