Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 06:02 AM

Default Re: Mason, can we ever expect to see...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The yellow is definitely ugly. Make it black.

Internet play with optimal multi-tabling ideas, adjustments for moving down into micro limits regarding opponents attitudes about small games and your table image, as well as moving up. Site selection. Software selection (Poker Tracker, Poker Ace Hud etc). Adjusting from live play to Internet play and vice versa. These things are becoming part of the basic considerations about poker games and how to play. Though, because none of this is about the structure and mathematics of poker, it could just as easily be put into other texts like Getting Started, Small Stakes, Poker Essays or what-have-you.

An entire book on PLO would be great, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely nothing in this post has the slightest thing to do with poker theory. Except, of course, the suggestion of a black cover. That would certainly make the book much more relevant to the game as it has evolved into the 21st century.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theory of poker is absolutely a jewel as is. I also agree the above post has nothing to do with theory at all.
I did not understand where the thought process was coming from. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 12:07 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

They make many different colors of duct tape.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:32 PM

There is a precedent. Hold'em for Advance Players--21st Century Edition.

There's very good reasons for TOP to be looked at again. Poker theory has evolved since publishing. Who plays Razz outside of the WSOP?

Even King James thought the Bible could be refreshed.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:52 PM

Hi Jack:

No. HPFAP got expanded into the 21st Century Edition because I had continued to keep extensive notes and worked with David for my own play. Nothing like that exists for TOP.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 07-04-2007, 08:40 PM

"Who plays Razz outside of the WSOP?"

Hi Jack,

We had a razz game (with a waiting list to get into the game) at the Orleans the other night. Stud-8 and PLO has been going every night (PLO sometimes starts late though).

I think most (all?) of the players in my razz game had never read TOP (God love'em).

Best Wishes

Howard
Old 07-04-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who plays Razz outside of the WSOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

cough cough cough.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:38 PM

Razz is a good game to have as part of a mix, but I don't think I'd like just playing Razz.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The yellow is definitely ugly. Make it black.

Internet play with optimal multi-tabling ideas, adjustments for moving down into micro limits regarding opponents attitudes about small games and your table image, as well as moving up. Site selection. Software selection (Poker Tracker, Poker Ace Hud etc). Adjusting from live play to Internet play and vice versa. These things are becoming part of the basic considerations about poker games and how to play. Though, because none of this is about the structure and mathematics of poker, it could just as easily be put into other texts like Getting Started, Small Stakes, Poker Essays or what-have-you.

An entire book on PLO would be great, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely nothing in this post has the slightest thing to do with poker theory. Except, of course, the suggestion of a black cover. That would certainly make the book much more relevant to the game as it has evolved into the 21st century.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why

"Though, because none of this is about the structure and mathematics of poker, it could just as easily be put into other texts like Getting Started, Small Stakes, Poker Essays or what-have-you"

...was at the end. But thank you for the redundancy.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for Aleo's desire that he include some No Limit in a revised Theory of Poker: Didn't he already pretty much do this with NLTAP?

[/ QUOTE ]

SEE YOU GET IT! For the people that criticize NLTAP, I think they miss the fact that it basically is TOP for NLHE. The book teaches us how to think about the game much like what TOP does for limit poker. When I read it my mind kept blowing up just like it did when I read TOP years ago.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Razz is a good game to have as part of a mix, but I don't think I'd like just playing Razz.

[/ QUOTE ]

It can more profitable than you give it credit for. There are some baaaad players at that game out there.

Now, some won't play due to boredom and/or the constant starting perfect but ending up triple-paired. That I can sorta' understand.