Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Thoughts on high-end shoe salespeople RANT

At the lingerie shop, there was only one other salesperson and she was hanging up lights or something.

At the furniture shop, I think I wanna go in and tell the manager that they missed ~12k in sales over the past 9 months because his saleswoman was a [censored].
Old 03-03-2007, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At the lingerie shop, there was only one other salesperson and she was hanging up lights or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

She sounds nice, give her the commission.

Edit: My point is that you should just tell a condescending salesperson to go [censored] themselves. If you decide you don't want to shop there because of it, good for you. If you'd rather buy what you came for, do it in a way that hurts the douchebag in some way. The folks that own the joint would probably be interested in the fact that you almost walked out over some uppity sloot after you drop a couple grand.

This is coming from someone that looks like a homeless person. I somehow never run into this [censored] though.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If she actually got a commission off you, you lost the battle.

[/ QUOTE ]
btw, I got awesome sex from a chick wearing super incredibly sexy lingerie. Like way hotter than anything I've ever seen. So I won the war fo sho
Old 03-03-2007, 08:19 AM

Despite my lack of style in clothes and frequent hippy-like appearence, I can't remember running into this attitude. Well, once, from a stripper oddly enough. But it was more like she was concerned that I kept paying her $30 per song. She was a special girl.

More prominent in my mind was going to Fogo d'Chao with Bugstud, DeathDonkey, Doughhater, and Newhizzle. I ws wearing jeans and tennis shoes (collared shirt), Bugstud - well, if any of you know how he dresses..... Nehizzle had us all beat wearing a t-shirt and flip-flops. DD Dresses well. Point is, we walk in there and no one even gives us a second look. We sit at the bar, Doughhater orders a $60 glass of scotch, bartender pours it with a friendly smile. Get done with dinner, dessert guy comes over we ask to hear about the liquors. So the liquor guy comes over does his whole show in a friendly way - we order a bunch of expensive alcohol. The entire waitstaff had a natural relaxed attitude towards us as if it were completely normal for five undressed 20-somethings to come in and spend $200 per person for dinner. If/when I open a restaurant of my own, I will imbue this attitude into my waitrons.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slightly offtopic, but potentially useful anecdote:

I had a similar experience at Bartolotta at the Wynn. I went there with 3 guy friends of mine. We are all in our 20's, quite well off, and dressed appropriately. But, we don't have the movie-star-son-of-a-sheik-big-balla look by any means.

Anyway, our server at Bartolotta treated us like a couple of teenagers that didn't belong there. The most egregious example is, when we were ordering and I asked for the lobster, he pauses, gives me this look, and says, "Sir, that's a hundred dollars." I was so flabbergasted by this and didn't know how to respond in the moment, so I kind of stammered and was like, "Ummmmm, yeah, uh huh... (And?)"

I (and my friends) really didn't want to make a scene, so we didn't say anything and just left a meager tip (thus probably confirming, in his mind, his suspicion that we were a bunch of cheap teenagers that didn't belong there).

As an aside, the other restaurants at the Wynn that I've been to, I enjoyed immensely - SW Steakhouse, Okada, and the Country Club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't find any "official" documentation, but I heard that a penny is used to indicate excellent or poor service. If you think you had awesome service, leave normal tip, plus a penny heads-up. If it sucked, just leave the penny heads-up.

Of course, no waiter knows these days knows the tradition like this, so they'd just be "WTF AZZHOL LEFT A PENNY!!!"

Maybe leave a printed card explaining it. The fact that you'd take time to have printed card explaining it would show the guy that you have tons of cash to throw around on printed cards like that, and he's an idiot for blowing it.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:32 PM

i didn't even kno you could sand shoes. WTF indeed.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:52 PM

when someone is classless and rude towards you, you can always reply with "you work in sales." in an equally assish voice.

followed up with "can you please go get your manager so i can inform them that your behavior has lost my business and likely the business of my associates?"
Old 03-03-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
doublea,

If you look beyond the surface into the deeper meaning of this rant, it is really all about how ridiculous it is that certain types of salespeople actually look down on and sometimes even obviously consider themselves superior to their customers. Facets of this exist in various high-end/luxury sales situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

its likely that someone in this line of work values the product more than the consumer (or at least justifies it this way so that they don't hate their life)...imo
Old 03-03-2007, 01:58 PM

El D-

Seriously....
Old 03-03-2007, 02:25 PM

If you are realy bored, and want to make a point to the salesperson who said that something "might be too expensive for you," then try this.

Laugh a little, and say to the salesperson, "no offence man, but this is really funny...I mean can you hang tight a second whil I call someone."

Then pull out your cell phone and call your friend Larry.

"Larry, hey it's Joe." Cool ya ya..Anyway, you are going to roll over laughing... so I'm in Brown's shoes on 62nd street, Yes, right now - still here. Anyway, the salesguy pulls out these shoes that are $400 or $500 or something, I dunno, they are under a grand anyway, and he says these 'might be too expensive for you,'

"No Im not kidding," the guys right here. "No, of course he doesn't know me." I can put him on the line."

The to salesman... "Hey man, once again, no offence, but can you tell Larry what you said to me. It's just too funny and he won't beleive me."

Any good buddy will know how to play along...