Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 12:17 PM

Default AA on scary flop

PLaying at work so no real reads or stats on any of the players in the hand. I'm just curious as to what a good line on this flop is.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $6.90
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $21.60</font>
UTG: $9.85
UTG+1: $25.35
MP1: $6.00
MP2: $15.25
CO: $8.35
BTN: $10.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8 Players)
3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN folds, SB calls $0.05, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, MP2 calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40, SB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Old 06-08-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: AA on scary flop

I would make a PSB on the flop to kill the odds on any draws. If you get called, c/f the turn if no diamond falls. If you get raised on the flop I would hate to lay it down but I think you have to.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:29 PM

Make it 1.40
Old 06-08-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make it 1.40

[/ QUOTE ]

If they push over your bet? Or min raise you?
Old 06-08-2007, 12:57 PM

I think I put it in, bunch of combo draws out there, neither of them raised so I think a set is less likely, and we have back-door outs. Without reads of course.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make it 1.40

[/ QUOTE ]

If they push over your bet? Or min raise you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on the tendencies of the raiser, the size of the raise, and which villain raises, I think you could c/f, call and donk a safe turn, or 3-bet.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:21 PM

brutal flop. With one more player I'm not even c-betting this. As is, I think you have to put in the c-bet and get ready to check it down / fold to action. You have 2 of the A's in the deck, chances are they don't have an A. This flop could of easily hit these guys HARD. KQ and JT are huge possibilities here. I'm c/f'ing to any action and looking for a better spot.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:40 PM

Bet more preflop. Your bet was 5xBB after two limpers and from the blind; I would probably have gone for closer to 7xBB or 8xBB, hoping to get heads-up. Even if you only scoop the pot, that's not a horrifically bad outcome, and playing from the blinds is hard, especially multi-way.

On the flop you've got a stopper for the flush draw. I'm not worried about sets because 99/TT/JJ would probably have raised preflop. KQ is a vague possibility, as are JT, T9, and 87, but I refuse to freak out about it yet. I'd make a standard continuation bet of about $1.20 and see how things play out from there. I'm not wanting to push too hard, because then the only hands that call me are hands that beat me. I could even see check/calling the turn and river to help keep the pot small.

If I'm raised on the flop, I'm probably going to call; at these stakes, villains can get overly frisky with AJ, AT, or even A9, and QQ/KK think they have the nuts, here. I'll stay in this pot unless something really awful happens on the turn, but I'm not going to push too hard because I want losing hands to call me.