Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 04:29 AM

Default 30/60 stud8 pocket tens babii

im trying to learn how to correctly play pairs in 8b so im playing them more than i should at the 30/60 level to get experience, even if i know the hand itself is probably -ev. in a real setting i would have folded the hand on 3rd but im not sure if thats right assuming the A raises close to 100% of the time here.

i was going to fold to a 4th street bet from the ace but since he checked i figured he had a high card in the hole so i raised to drive him out, then got freezed up when he called 2 bets cold.

hows it all look? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.67 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (3.67 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (4.83 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (4.83 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (7.83 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___calls $55 and is all-in
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (10.75 BB)
Old 04-23-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Re: 30/60 stud8 pocket tens babii

What is your logic behind the flop call after the 8 also calls? I fold this all day long on 3rd st.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:43 PM

is 3rd really a clear fold? id call here and raise if the 8 had folded. i like this type of hand because of the deception factor. also the A is probably raising almost 100% of the time. i don't understand why you didn't bet on 5th?
Old 04-23-2007, 01:00 PM

Wow BET 5th please

Other than that its all gravy baby
Old 04-24-2007, 01:11 AM

With a Ten gone, I wouldn't play this against an Ace, especially with a caller. On fourth, you've got crap and they've both caught good. I'd just fold. Trying to fold out the Ace was a nice thought, but these guys can be tenacious at times.

Definitely bet fifth. You've likely got the best hand at this point, but you don't want to be giving out free cards. Checking sixth is probably prudent. Defintely value-bet the river.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:15 AM

I agree. I think it is an easy fold because the A raised into 2 low cards and the pot was small.

IMO if the A is really raising 100% here he is making a clear, though not necessarily very big, mistake.

Also with the other low card calling your equity versus a random A is significantly reduced anyway.

Anyway as played I would definitely bet 5th, although I am very confused about what the A33 guy has.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:34 AM

With a dead Ten you've got to fold that every time - *especially* when the 8 calls ahead of you. You *do not* want to take that hand any further 3 handed.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:23 AM

i like betting 5th for value.. as far as the playability of the hand, i think you had the right idea in the wrong spot.. b/c once the A calls you pretty much know where you're at in the hand and you still leave them guessing as to where you are.. and more importantly.. where seat 3 thinks you are for the high half.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:43 PM

3rd is probably best as a fold, I think 5th is a clear valuebet, and I'm not crazy about the raise on 4th. What about a raise on 6th?