Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2006, 12:04 AM

Default 2/4: What s your plan here?

Hi everyone,

Itīs my 6th hand or so at this table, the BTN appears to be a rather loose bad player so far, SB just sat down.

Do you like reraising this pf? After SB 3-bets me on the flop my gameplan is to cap him, check behind on turn and call a river bet or bet if itīs checked to me.

But as I think of it now, maybe I should call the flop 3-bet, and let him bluff his money off to me (in case he IS bluffing).

What do you think?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ... </font>
Old 11-21-2006, 12:42 AM

Default Re: 2/4: What s your plan here?

I like a reraise against LAG player even with SB in between. Your hand should have some pretty good value against a possible steal and an unknown in between. I doubt SB is playing a 7 that fast, I think the best play is to call 3bet, call turn, and then raise river if he bets again.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you like reraising this pf?

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely.

[ QUOTE ]
After SB 3-bets me on the flop my gameplan is to cap him, check behind on turn and call a river bet or bet if itīs checked to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible plan.

It's highly unlikely he has you beat, you have the best hand here the vast majority of the time. The only question you should be asking is how do I extract the max (from ALL his possible hands).
Old 11-21-2006, 01:23 AM

why are you trying to save bets and/or give him free cards to draw out on you. I usually go ahead and call and then pop the turn to make sure 3BB go in (in case he wusses out when an ace falls on the river and check calls or something)

Jiggy, can you expand on why you are going for the river value raise instead of just raising the turn? usually I take that line when a 3bet on the turn would make me unhappy because I still may be ahead (ie I thought he was 3betting TP+FD and if i'm not I know I have some dirty outs to draw to, whereas I could pretty safely fold to a river 3bet once all the cards are out.)

Here I don't think I'm folding to a river 3bet against a complete unknown in a blind battle anyway and he certainly doesn't have a strong draw to go with his made hand. we are either ahead or behind now and we will likely still be in the same place on the turn and the river.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:40 AM

Thanks everyone, yeah, I should really have called the 3-bet and either raised turn or river.
I capped him on the flop and he folded.

[ QUOTE ]

The only question you should be asking is how do I extract the max (from ALL his possible hands).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I need to ask myself a lot more often, thanks Kwaz
Old 11-21-2006, 01:43 AM

flop cap seems not great, free carding turn after flop cap seems even worse I do like our hand here
Old 11-21-2006, 01:48 AM

Default :eR

I would just call down. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Are we really good here the vast majority of the time when someone bet/3bets us on a paired flop? I'd also 3bet preflop.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:01 AM

I think everyone who posted got it summed up good: 3-bet PF

get at least 2 bets in on the flop &amp; then raise the turn. whatever you do don't fold.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:25 AM

I'm not totally sold on a flop raise.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:26 AM

Default Re: :eR

[ QUOTE ]
I would just call down.

[/ QUOTE ]
good plan