Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: RakeReduction, why are you so cheap?

4 of 7 twoplustwo rakeback affiliates carry over negative balances. Of the 3 that do not at least one will carry it forward if negative is over $200.

The rakeback sites that offer daily cashouts (like rakereduction) are at far greater risk in carrying over negative balnces than the monthly cashout sites. It would make no sense for daily cashout sites to carry over negative balances given the associated risks.

William, I think your concerns should be taken up with Fulltilt and not the rakeback sites. They do not get paid these amounts and I don't think they should have to absorb something they don't receive. I also think it was irresponsible and unfair to isolate one affiliate (especially given their daily cashout program and the accompanying difficulties associated with carrying over neg balances) as it is very common for rakeback affiliates to carry over negative balances.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:55 PM

Wasn't PokerNow a Party Poker rakeback skin? That would probably explain it.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:05 PM

Wait, what? Sometimes businesses will do this, but it is certainly not a given. How happy would you be if an affiliate wanted to lower your RB?

From what I recall, they have no problem changing RB% when sites merge or change their RB policy. I have absolutely no problem with that, I do not expect an affiliate to lose money on me or anybody else.

If the 35% mentionned is a fact, then my request is, of course, unfair. I just wonder how the affiliates of the many posters that keep saying that their negative balance is not carried over manage under those conditions. I admit though that there is always the possibility that posters in these forums are lying about their affiliates practice (wouldn't that be a surprise!!!).

There is also the fact that I am being charged $20 in Visa transaction fees for a $600 deposit. I am probably wrong about this, but shouldn't I be paying for 27% of the fees? Hard to believe that Visa charges FT over 12% when it only charges me 3% if I make a cash withdrawal abroad.

Finally, I am not at all unsatisfied with the way RR operates, I just want to make sure that I am paying what I should and that I am receiving what I can expect.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:45 PM

Just wanted to poke my nose in here and say I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] rakereduction.

I love the daily cashouts and the weekly MGR contest. Even though the weekly MGR doesn't pay out a whole lot, I love seeing myself on the leaderboard every week. It is the motivation I need to put some hands in even at times when I don't really want to.

BTW, when are these freerolls coming? Can't we have it at one of the bigger pokerrooms like pokerstars or fulltilt where everyone has an account instead of Cake poker?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:09 AM

Full Tilt Poker Current Month Totals:
Money Into Rake: $ 1000.00
Rakeback Percent: 27.00 %
Bonus Deduction $ -30.00
Guaranteed Tournament Deduction $ -10.00
Payment Processor Fees $ -20.00
Points Used Deduction $ -40.00
Money Made Current Month: $ 270.00

Above is an example of how it works as posted on rakereduction:

The total MGR is $1100 less fees etc. charged
by Fulltilt of 100 for net MGR of 1000 and rakeback of 270.
You will note that the rakeback is being reduced by 27% of the fees not 100%. In this case the reduction to rakeback is
$27 (27% x fees etc..)

Rakereduction shows all fees etc. charged as a courtesy to its players. It should be noted that the above is how it works for all rakeback affiliate sites whether they show the fees etc. or not. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 12:51 AM

Can you clarify if the $20 in payment processor fees I am paying for a $600 deposit is also 27% of the actual fee FT is being charged by Visa?

Thx
Old 09-25-2007, 01:23 AM

You should contact Fulltilt about the fees they are charging you. I can tell you this .... your rakeback is only being reduced by 27% of whatever Fulltilt charges you for fees.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:18 AM

That is correct, any deduction you see in your Full Tilt section on rakeupdate.com, only 27% of that deduction is what you lose in rakeback - the deduction is against your rake, not against your rakeback.
Going to have to overhaul it some, far too much confusion on the subject of how much rakeback is lost.

Easiest way to explain it is, say you have a deduction(of any kind) in the amount of $100 only 27% of that is your lost rakeback($27).
How much you are charged for a deposit has to do with your method of choice, the cost associated is nothing we have any control over.

Also as its been pointed out by numerous other individuals here, staff costs money if we didn't do cashout anytime we could cut costs by firing our full time cashier, as the poker sites would make these payouts for us once a month.
I wont bore anyone with further details on operating costs, but there are quite a few more [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rather than putting money into freerolls, our focus has been on staff wages, our own contests, the prize pool for these contests when we implemented them was far smaller than it is today, when we could we increased them.
You did however point out these are made because they benefit us and this is the only reason that they exist.
I wont deny that they are beneficial to us but wouldn't a freeroll,in which you may only enter if you have earned a set amount of points be the same principal - an incentive to play more.

I would like to apologize to anyone who feels cheated by our continued announcement about our own freeroll, when we first brought this up it was nearly complete, things appeared to be set in stone and just a month or so away.
Obviously this was not the case, we have not scrapped this idea, it is still very much going to happen, just taking far far longer than expected.

Hope that sheds some more light on things for you Will.

Regards,

RakeReduction
Old 09-25-2007, 02:44 PM

Here is a list of my complaints about RR/RU:

/End of list.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:35 PM

Now that I have some time to think about it, I don't like the idea of freerolls. Are they going to be tiered levels?
I would really hate to be in a freeroll with 20K members for $100, ala pokerstars freerolls for vips. Big waste of time.

I'd much rather the money be spent on more promotions, MGR contests, better support etc that would help the affiliate and players.