Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Any other girls playing online poker?

[ QUOTE ]
speaking of "pedo", thought you guys might get a kick out of the "pedo bear".

http://forum.football365.com/index.php?t...5a40a9623cfe1b7

[/ QUOTE ]

new link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hriJeTXxzM
Old 08-25-2007, 10:34 AM

Hmm very serious people in here. I was curious, because almost everywhere there are guys which are taking girls names. Sorry. I will never ask this question again.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:23 PM

Girls cant do math so they dont play poker. They cook and clean house.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
It seems like it is very unusual with girls playing online poker. At least I don't see anyone in here. It would be fun to get in touch with other girls playing poker in this forum. Please PM me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you want to become the next Jessica Lunsford, don't message this old-guy.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm very serious people in here. I was curious, because almost everywhere there are guys which are taking girls names. Sorry. I will never ask this question again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Screen names mean nothing and incessant chat during tournaments is annoying so my chat is usually off. Of course people online will pretend to be a different gender and put up fake avatars. Lust globally, <censored> locally - in the real world.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:34 PM

Screen names mean nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're not really an Irish Dwarf? What a drag. I've always thought if someone had questions about online behavior, a pilrimage to the Irish Dwarf was the only answer.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you're not really an Irish Dwarf? What a drag. I've always thought if someone had questions about online behavior, a pilrimage to the Irish Dwarf was the only answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you like to get it on with foreign midgets, then I'm sorry to disappoint you.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Girls cant do math so they dont play poker. They cook and clean house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, since poker playing requires math ability and intelligence, males will, on the whole, always fare better than females.

Males are not smarter than females on average. However, female IQs are clustered more closely near the mean than males are.

What this means is that is that while more males than females are going to qualify for MENSA, it is also true that more males than females will be severely mentally retarded.

Most of the top chess players, poker players, mathematicians, and physicists will always be men. (All chess players have ratings, check out the list sometime.)

I find it especially interesting that perhaps the best female player, Jennifer Harmon, states that "I'm not a math person. I go by feel." But yet, she is a great player. I guess that could generate an entire discussion in itself.

This may even extend to other fields. For example, the vast majority of flute players are female, at least in the United States, but many of the top players (touring soloists or major orchestral players) are male.

This will probably be my last post before I'm buried under a cement floor in a building owned by NOW. It's been fun.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, since poker playing requires math ability and intelligence, males will, on the whole, always fare better than females.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that intuition about human nature is arguably as valuable or more valuable than doing the math each time, at least at the highest-stakes.

Actually in this light it's kind of funny that fewer females play NLHE than other forms of poker, because the rather different skill set required to succeed at big-bet poker is probably present in a higher fraction of the female population than the skill set to succeed at limit poker.

But much of this is speculation.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:43 AM

If there isn't a thread on this then hopefully you'll start one. Women are more emotionally fragile. Other factors to consider are the power of positive thinking, genetic affinity for the game, etc... Gender aside, insanity and genuis have always been closely paralleld.

Everyone relies on instinct.