Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 02:01 AM

Default u.s. players

i have seen a lot of posts about taking advantage of bonuses by moving money to different sites using a netell account. i tried to get a netell account but couldn't due to the country i live (god bless america, heh). so, my questions are:
1. is there another account like netell that accepts u.s. players?
2. if not, does that mean that u.s. players just have to grind it out without the use of the bonus?
thanks for any insight.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: u.s. players

[ QUOTE ]
i have seen a lot of posts about taking advantage of bonuses by moving money to different sites using a netell account. i tried to get a netell account but couldn't due to the country i live (god bless america, heh). so, my questions are:
2. if not, does that mean that u.s. players just have to grind it out without the use of the bonus?
thanks for any insight.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. No. E-Passporte is open to the USA, but the fees are high and amounts are limited. It takes about 2 weeks to open an e-Passporte account.

2. No. One of my bank debit cards still works on many sites. Most US friendly sites also have other ways for US customers to send money in. To withdraw you can have sites send you a check, but it takes one to three weeks. Or, you can move money around using e-Passporte. Since Frascist did his dirty work, it has become difficult but not impossible.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since Frascist did his dirty work, it has become difficult but not impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. If only someone would vote the Republicans out of the majority, THEN I feel quite certain Congress would prioritize giving us back our freedoms again.

(Not certain enough to stake money on it retroactively, of course.)
Old 08-25-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since Frascist did his dirty work, it has become difficult but not impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. If only someone would vote the Republicans out of the majority, THEN I feel quite certain Congress would prioritize giving us back our freedoms again.

(Not certain enough to stake money on it retroactively, of course.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel quite certain you don't know what your talking about. Online gambling is not a major concern of either party. If you think this is a party-issue... you are simple wrong.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for any insight.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. No. E-Passporte is open to the USA, but the fees are high and amounts are limited. It takes about 2 weeks to open an e-Passporte account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Epassporte's load fees are high, but their withdraw fees are minimal. Also, if you need to (by virtue of having a higher balance in your account) and are willing to provide the necessary documentation you can get your withdraw limits raised substantially. I now have a $2k daily ATM limit and a $20k daily purchase limit for my VISA card.

The bottom line is that if you are a winning player (no need for loading the Epassporte account) and want a fast way to move money between sites and cash out, Epassorte works great.

Also, opening an Epass account with a credit or debit card used to be nearly instantaneous. Opening one with a deposit from a bank account used to take longer because of the need to wait for the micro deposit they make for the sake of account verification to clear.

Lucky
Old 08-25-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel quite certain you don't know what your [sic] talking about. Online gambling is not a major concern of either party. If you think this is a party-issue... you are simple wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcasm. Of course that's my point: Congress changed hands, and not a damn thing has happened on this issue. Barney Frank proposed a repeal, but I don't think it's seen the light of day.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I feel quite certain you don't know what your [sic] talking about. Online gambling is not a major concern of either party. If you think this is a party-issue... you are simple wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcasm. Of course that's my point: Congress changed hands, and not a damn thing has happened on this issue. Barney Frank proposed a repeal, but I don't think it's seen the light of day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not changing has not been all bad. Goodlathe(R) wanted to make things even worse. If Republicans were still in charge, we would be talking about how to kill his bill, rather than talking about passing Frank's bill. Since the UIGEA passed there have been 3 bills proposed that are good for poker. All 3 have been submitted by Dems and almost all the co-sponsors have been Dems. I'll take that any day over anything proposed by Republicans.

True, neither party is great for us, but Republicans delight in the idea of shutting us down. Dems delight in other things, some of them just as stupid maybe, but as the online poker world goes, we are better off with Dems than Republicans.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:12 AM

I don't disagree -- if my one vote were going to decide an election between a Republican and a Democrat, I'd certainly never ever vote Republican again -- but my point is, they're both absolutely useless. The Dems have been in majority for half a year now (and can count on at least two Republican votes, Paul and Flake) and have yet to make any progress on this issue. It's a good reminder of why I'm a Libertarian activist rather than a Democratic activist.