Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 04:35 AM

Default Re: pretty simple question

Oh, also, depending on what hes 3-betting. You might get a call from 9Ts/99/66/76s/65s. Those hands would probably push hard on the turn as well whether they hit or not. (not to mention TT possible, AX clubs/loose AK).
Old 07-06-2007, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I reckon so, BN vs Blinds (decent TAG), he range is pretty wide here. It is one of those questions that i would love a definitive answer to though. I hate shoving JJ because i wonder what hes calling with that i beat, and i dont love calling incase an over comes or he 2nd barrels. If he plays aggressive/non-nit shoving is fine, and its good for meta i spose (when he doesnt have a hand he can call, he wont think he can run over you)

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not just button vs blinds, he raised a fishy limper which removes most random trash from his range
Old 07-06-2007, 05:25 AM

Yeah, fair point
Old 07-06-2007, 05:43 AM

I would be vary wary becuase hes 3 betting from SB. Call flop and hope you can show this down cheap? Im not sure but ur gonna see bigger pairs here a lot, hes not re raising the SB very light.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:21 AM

If we put in any money on the flop, are we playing for stacks? We'll be left with $700 in a $600+ pot.

If this guy is weak, I suppose you could call flop and hope he shuts down or shove on a 6 or club turn. You'd probably have to get away on a Q, K or A though.

If he is aggressive and fires enough 2nd barrels, I guess call and call on any turn.

If you think his 3-betting range is wide but he'll let go after you call his Cbet unless he hits something on the turn, raise flop.

Aren't there a lot of TAGs that only 3-bet JJ+, AK in that spot? It's not like you were opening on the button. In that case, I can see a fold to his Cbet.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:03 AM

My standard is call and re-evaluate the turn. He will be checking the turn most of the time. He will at least be slightly worried about a set so even if he does have QQ+, the fact that you are in position here is a big help. I dont think he'd be too keen on pushing the rest of his stack in unimproved, as from his perspective, what is he going to be called by...his hand is wide open.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:43 PM

Jam Pre
Old 07-06-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so him having KK is a cooler right

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't say cooler. when you're holding JJ and get 3-bet, you're going to run into a bigger pair more often than we'd like to think, especially after he fires twice
Old 07-06-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jam Pre

[/ QUOTE ]

i really dont like jamming JJ without a reason (edit: maybe on stars where you play i think, but ftp games are much different)
Old 07-06-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jam Pre

[/ QUOTE ]

i really dont like jamming JJ without a reason (edit: maybe on stars where you play i think, but ftp games are much different)

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah this is spew in some spots, just threw it out there as possibility, stats help/ flow helps/ image helps.
Usually after isolating a fish, if a 22/18 3 bets me with a lot of laggy history I like Jamming KK QQ JJ TT AK type stuff sometimes.