Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 06:54 PM

Default NL$25: I found this interesting - Trips

Button here know's im pretty 'wild', i've raised pretty much ever CO and button ive had and cbet majority of flops.

He's 3bet me 3-4 times, once i reraised with J8 and he shoved(KK obv). I folded.

He 3bet me another time with KJ, cbet the flop(i called J9s in position) and hit my 9, floated him and checked it down to win.

Anyway, he knows im aggro - maybe he thinks im a donk, he said "Wtf are you doing?" to the J9 hand blah blah blah.

His stats are 16/12/2.78 over 400 hands and he's a pretty standard player but theres a possibility he'll call me down lighter or get a bit fancy.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $24.90
BB: $66.00
UTG: $98.25
Hero (CO): $42.70
BTN: $34.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BTN calls $1.00, SB folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.10) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, BTN calls $2.00, BB calls $2.00

Turn: ($9.10) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.50</font>, BTN calls $5.50, BB folds

The turn is where it gets interesting.

So, as we all do(or as we SHOULD ALL do lol) plan ahead - So whats the plan for?

T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: NL$25: I found this interesting - Trips

I think I'm betting more on the turn.

As played I'm probably checking any river card (if checked to) and calling a reasonable sized river bet. Villain has 2.78 aggression yet is playing this hand really passively so I'm worried about a trap. I'm happy to take down a medium sized pot here. (Someone please tell me if this is weak/bad)
Old 09-25-2007, 07:20 PM

We're out of position buddy, what size bet you calling (pots $20 on river).

I'd say this is a slightly weak play, but certainly not terrible. Infact, others will say its the better idea, this is why i think theres debate here.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:20 PM

Bet? None of those cards really scare me, especially with your history. Id bet 2/3 pot on river, if he shoves it would be a tough spot.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:27 PM

Yikes, sorry, I read the turn action wrong.

I think my plan is still the same. Check any river card and call a reasonable sized bet. Like; 2/3 pot or less. Definitely folding to a shove I think.

I agree with HU4coke. None of those cards scare me much, unless villain has been calling our bets with JJ or TT. What I -am- scared of is villains lack of aggression.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:45 PM

There is no river card that really scares me against this villain. I might, unless he's drawing when he doesn't have the odds, to a straight, with like T8, I'm thinking we are ahead here.

Against ordinary donk, I'm betting half pot.

In the situation you described, I'm open-shoving any river except an A.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In the situation you described, I'm open-shoving any river except an A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate on this?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:48 PM

I mean, it's obvious, dude thinks we are a moron/donk, asked us WTF we were doing, has been 3betting us light, and according to OP knows we are pretty 'wild'.

Score. Let's use this to our advantage. I don't have MUBS, and I'm willing to felt this hand pretty much every time. He is going to be calling us down so light here, trying to get to showdown a lot, because he's convinced we are full of it. This puts us way ahead of his range with 3 kings, especially with Q kicker.

By open shoving river, we are basically living up to our image. If he is convinced we are bluffing all the time, this looks like the perfect spot to take advantage of that. We showed aggression on every street, without slowing down - we even look like we are full of it. The river pot will be around $20, and villain got like $28 left behind. I open shove &amp; expect him to call with like A9 or two tens, at which point I type in "lol, thanks donk" into chat.

Holla.

PS: Only reason I don't open-shove an A high river, is because I think that'll put fear into him. If he's gotta 9, he probably thinks he is ahead of us, since board is paired, and we probably don't have a king. An ace is really scary to him, unless he got one, and IMO he doesn't stack off if ace comes.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:51 PM

Well, he knows i have a wide CO range and yeah got a bit bitchy on the J9 hand.

However, we've gotta keep in mind he's still kinda nitty. Some people will adjust to me and call light, others dont - I didnt get the idea he was calling me down, just shot taking when he knew i opened with a weak raising hand.

Infact, what do you vs a unknown nit? maybe that makes it more interesting.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:01 PM

Ok yeah I was mainly asking why shove everything but the Ace which your PS part covered. Makes sense thanks