Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: fatness is contagious

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Instead, it may be that having relatives and friends who become obese changes one's idea of what is an acceptable weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolutely true. As a child, hanging out with my mother's side of the family, I thought that growing a potbelly was a manly, coming-of-age thing to do, like needing to shave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Extends to so many other things too. For instance my dad took me shooting when I was a kid, and I grew up thinking it was a fun thing to do and it had warm family associations attached to it because it was something me and my dad did together. I also went shooting with friends. Yet later I met plenty of people who were shocked and borderline outraged that I would own a gun, and thought it was some sort of negative revelation about my character. The gun, and sport of shooting, remained unaffected throughout. It was just the atmosphere that surrounded them that gave them whatever meaning could be ascribed.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:59 PM

In my line of work I go into tons of private offices and civic buildings like schools, etc.

Almost all of the soccer mom women (over, say 35) who work are fat. It's disgusting. I can't tell you how many break rooms I've been in with Donuts or Cake sitting on the table, as if they eat this &()^ every day. I've been offered cake/donuts/candy by several fat women and I find it laughable.

I've come to the conclusion that they figure as long as they aren't the FATTEST person at their place of work, it's OK.

In other words, in a group of 10 women who start out with 1 at 190, 5 at 160, and 4 at 130.....after a couple years it'll be like 1 at 195, and the other 9 between 150-170.

As long as there is someone fatter than you where you work, it's OK, and you aren't even considered fat. Only 1 person where you work can be considered fat.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:03 PM

Apparently fatness is also attributed to Air Conditioners too, according to the news media...

Then again, every other year Eggs and Chocolate are bad for us. BTW, later this year we'll be hearing about why Red Wine is bad for us again.

Eff the media. Them turds can't ever make up their minds.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my line of work I go into tons of private offices and civic buildings like schools, etc.

Almost all of the soccer mom women (over, say 35) who work are fat. It's disgusting. I can't tell you how many break rooms I've been in with Donuts or Cake sitting on the table, as if they eat this &()^ every day. I've been offered cake/donuts/candy by several fat women and I find it laughable.

I've come to the conclusion that they figure as long as they aren't the FATTEST person at their place of work, it's OK.

In other words, in a group of 10 women who start out with 1 at 190, 5 at 160, and 4 at 130.....after a couple years it'll be like 1 at 195, and the other 9 between 150-170.

As long as there is someone fatter than you where you work, it's OK, and you aren't even considered fat. Only 1 person where you work can be considered fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody who works in an office is fat.
I'm surprised I haven't become obese since taking my job...
Old 07-27-2007, 01:29 AM

Tan fat= muscle
Old 07-27-2007, 01:31 AM

As a fat dude I can see its cause 2 reasons

a. I eat a little more often, others may join
b. When people are with fat people everyone thinks all we want to do is eat and suggest it as something to do
Old 07-27-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a fat dude I can see its cause 2 reasons

a. I eat a little more often, others may join
b. When people are with fat people everyone thinks all we want to do is eat and suggest it as something to do

[/ QUOTE ]

c. Relative to you, they look skinny.

Oh and [censored] the yankees.

J
Old 07-27-2007, 01:55 AM

like doing drugs.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A new study suggests obesity can spread like an infectious disease and that your odds of becoming obese are much greater if your friends and family put on weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sensationalism or just poor understanding of the science?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:06 PM

I caught the fatness back in '03. I think I got from a friend while watching football at a sports bar. Took me most of a year to get better.