Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Are rakeback calculators misleading?

Due to my bankroll restrictions I am only able to play NL 25 at the moment. Since there is so much I can make in profits monthly playing at this level I decided to add rakeback to my playing in order to boost my bankroll after getting a little discouraged with jumping in and out a few sites bonus whoring some hard to clear bonuses.

My best game is Full Ring and I play my best on max. 3 tables at a time for a maximum of 5-6 hours a day (about 1,000 hands daily). Playing more than 3 tables and more than 6 hrs a day deteriorates my decision making and simply loses me money in the long run. I also only play a maximum of 5 days a week in order to rest in the weekends to keep my drive and motivation in shape.

Since there are great dealt calculated rakeback deals around (Full Tilt, Crypto, etc) I decided to transfer my money from Party Poker to Full Tilt to see how much I can make in rakeback which I figured could be around $500 extra. I figured I could "settle down" with one site and stop whoring.

When I plugged in the numbers in the calculator (NL 25 FR, 1000 hands per day) it said "we pay you (monthly)= $452". I decided to give it a shot and see if it was like they said. When I started playing and checking my rakeback tracker for a few days I saw that the numbers on my MGR were actually lower than what the calculator told me and that what the rakeback calculator said that I would get paid was actually my MGR at the end of the month. This means that instead of getting paid $452 a month on rakeback I was going to get around $120 instead (27% deal). A big difference.

I emailed my affiliate complaining about this and they told that "we will take into consideration your suggestion about our rakeback calculator". These were the emails they sent me. What a joke. All this affiliates are using their rakeback calculators as a way to lure the new players to sign up through them and ripping them off with their [censored] "calculated" lies and they know it. We should spread the voice about this deceiving calculators so that players dont sing up without knowing what they will really get from these deals. This is my conversation with my affiliate after a few days of playing at Full Tilt.

Thank you for contacting XXXX.

At this moment you are going to be receiving 27% of $41.94, which is $11.32. We will take into consideration your suggestion about our rakeback calculator.

However, please take into consideration that FTP reduces your rakeback amount by the following:

1. Deposit Bonuses.
2. Deposit Fees (usually about 3%)
3. Allocated values of freerolls you are eligible for. If you don't play in the freerolls, please email their support and tell them to remove you from the eligibility list so that you will not be charged for this rakeback offset any longer.
4. Allocated values of player points redeemed. I believe it is about .15 per point.

The result of these offsets can often result in a negative NET RAKE when you first sign-up. The NET RAKE negative amount will gradually disappear as you generate rake after signing up.

I hope this helps explain why you have a FT rake amount that is lower than you anticipated.

All of these are FT policies that TITN is simply passing through to the player.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

My reply...

I understand the factors that have reduced my MGR. However in one of my past emails I asked you guys to verify the numbers in the rakeback calculator and you told me that with the numbers I gave you (NL 25, 1200 hands per day) that my MGR would be $2260 per month (per 30 days) which would equal $75 of MGR daily and would pay me around $20 daily on a 27% rakeback deal for around $570 per month.
However, having observed my account tracker it seems that I am generating $20 of MGR daily and will be getting paid $5.5 per day which means that I will be generating around $600 of MGR not $2260 like you said in the emails at the end of the month and getting paid $160 on rakeback not $565.
Did you get confused in our emails or am I missing something? Please lets clarify because if there as been a misunderstanding then I dont think this rakeback deal wont add that much value to my strategy in terms of monthly profits. Thanks. Here are the past emails were this matter was discussed.

Dear Customer,
You can calculate your rakeback in your on site calculator. From the stats that you gave us, your approximate MGR would be $2260. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Their last email....

This is the reason I asked you to please use the calculator and to keep track of your own calculations. It all depends on a lot of different situations that we have no control over. We are to make sure the stats and payments are made properly and we cannot keep control of any fees or any other situation that you do with your poker accounts. Thank you

I guess I am going back to easy-to-clear at NL 25 bonus whoring which I dont mind but affiliates and their stupid and deceiving calculators should get punished for their [censored]. I have a couple of questions:

-Has anybody gotten rakeback equal to the amount that they got using the rakeback calculator at their affiliate site?

-Are there any affiliates or poker rooms that pay exactly what it says in the rakeback calculator at their sites?

-I plan to go back bonus whoring at NL 25 using the Bonus Grid at Bonuswhores.com for my limit as a guide and signing up through PSO and PokerSavvy to boost the bonuses. Does anyone know a better guide than the Bonus Grid at BW?

-Is anyone interested in referring me to PSO and PokerSavvy and split the “tell a friend” money?

-Is bonus whoring easy-to-clear bonuses at NL 25 according to BWs Bonus Grid better than getting rakeback playing 3 tables Full Ring for 5-6 hrs per day (1,000 hands per day)??
Closed Thread