Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Bellagio 15-30

Hi - I pretty much exclusively play 10-20 6 max online - I am heading to Vegas Thursday and wanted some quick opinions on how tough the 15-30 at Bellagio is compared to an online 10/20 SH game......I play 20k+ hands per month online but have not touched a card in real life for a couple of years and want some perspctive on what to expect (I used to play live all the time but that was 3+ years ago).....any thoughts welome (and if you would suggest another game please let me know) - THANKS - AF
Old 02-21-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 15-30

you will do fine as long as you adjust to the full ring aspects and don't go crazy lag, you will prob destroy the game or at least be capable of destroying it...
Old 02-21-2007, 09:51 PM

The Bellagio 15/30 is easier than an average $1/2 game online. That goes double for weekends and triple for holidays.

Rob
Old 02-21-2007, 10:07 PM

Yeah the only thing you need to worry about is that aggression in that game means something different than aggression online. In that game, they're too retarded to try any 3-bet semi-bluffs, free showdown raises, or checkraising draws with relative position, etc. There can be some passive players, so their turn raise will mean some crappy two pair more often than it means middle pair + flush draw.

If you have AQ and the flop is Q53 and you bet and get called, and the turn is an 8 and you bet and get raised, don't 3-bet because you have TPTK. You're up against 83s.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you will do fine as long as you adjust to the full ring aspects and don't go crazy lag, you will prob destroy the game or at least be capable of destroying it...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a what I am a bit worried about - I am thinking a 28/22/2.2 style is not going to go over to well - I don't think I have cold called a raise for years (likley will not start, just tighten up a bit).
Old 02-21-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah the only thing you need to worry about is that aggression in that game means something different than aggression online. In that game, they're too retarded to try any 3-bet semi-bluffs, free showdown raises, or checkraising draws with relative position, etc. There can be some passive players, so their turn raise will mean some crappy two pair more often than it means middle pair + flush draw.

If you have AQ and the flop is Q53 and you bet and get called, and the turn is an 8 and you bet and get raised, don't 3-bet because you have TPTK. You're up against 83s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice - it will take a little getting used to I am sure......I will need to tone it down a bit post flop
Old 02-21-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Bellagio 15/30 is easier than an average $1/2 game online. That goes double for weekends and triple for holidays.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree, with the caveat that there will probably be a few players who are equal or close to your skill level and then some weak-tight regulars and of course some complete morons who would bust at .50/1 online. So there's a little range, but you'll easily have an edge.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree, with the caveat that there will probably be a few players who are equal or close to your skill level and then some weak-tight regulars and of course some complete morons who would bust at .50/1 online. So there's a little range, but you'll easily have an edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like fun - I am likley only going to be playing maybe 10-15 hours so we will see how it goes (and I am only bringing 4k with me so do not really want to play higher than 15-30)....
Old 02-21-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a what I am a bit worried about - I am thinking a 28/22/2.2 style is not going to go over to well - I don't think I have cold called a raise for years (likley will not start, just tighten up a bit).

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bother tightening up preflop. They all play worse than you postflop so you can play more hands than you would in similar online situations. Of course you'll be playing less hands overall because it's full ring and you'll have far fewer chances to open raise.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:38 PM

Are the players in this game really that bad?
Are these bad players mostly just no clue tourists with money to lose and call all the way to the riv everytime with AJ unimproved?
I played the 8/16 last time at Bellagio and Wynn and did pretty well so I am considering moving up to 15/30 when I come out in March. Can you guys describe some differences, if there are any between the two games. Does the 15/30 play loose enough to employ what is learned in the book SSHE for instance.
Thanks for the info.