Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: The well: Isura

favorite student ever ?

where do you predict me to be in 3 months [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

your best poker advice ever recieved ?
Old 07-20-2007, 07:12 AM

Isura, what do you do in this hand, and what is your overall plan? It may seem simple, but I'm interested to know your thoughts. Do you bet the flop?

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is loosish, but I don't know much else.

SB: $103.55
BB: $98.50
UTG: $83.76
MP: $211.93
Hero (CO): $121.47
BTN: $75.43

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, BTN calls $4.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($9.03) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $9.03</font>, Hero ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-20-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One was with bobbo when he said that NL was about putting in money with an equity edge, not getting to showdowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you expand on this please? I don't really know what your getting at here. Hand examples if possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

bump, i'd be interested to hear this too
Old 07-20-2007, 01:03 PM

Nice to see you again in Vegas. Good work busting Hellmuth. All the best on your upcoming wedding.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One was with bobbo when he said that NL was about putting in money with an equity edge, not getting to showdowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you expand on this please? I don't really know what your getting at here. Hand examples if possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing deep... Think of a hand in terms of equity on each street, and try to get the maximum money in when you have an equity advantage.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing deep... Think of a hand in terms of equity on each street, and try to get the maximum money in when you have an equity advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds simular to the only good thing to ever come out of Phil Gordon's mouth.

Limit Poker
My number one goal is to put as few chips into the pot as possible when I have a losing hand.

No Limit Poker
My number one goal is to get my opponent to put as many chips as possible into the pot when I have the best hand.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As an addition to the book question, how much application do you think ToP still has to today's standards of play at ssnl/msnl. In other words, do you think it's outdated to any extent, considering legislation and all?

[/ QUOTE ]

TOP will never be outdated. It is basic poker concepts that apply to all games. However a rewrite would be nice, with more examples on no-limit holdem and pot limit omaha instead of limit holdem and razz/stud.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is it wrong that I shortstack because I like pissing off 2p2ers and TAGs?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But you are good enough to win w/ a full stack.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:37 PM

you're in grad school. where? have you finished your degree? whats your undergrad, where? How long did you wait between undergrad and grad? Whats your life like as a math grad student? How much poker did you play during this period? Do you have an assistantship? Are you working part time at a real job? etc
Old 07-20-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you are playing against an unknown that usually plays with normal speed (i.e. not constantly almost timing out etc.), how do you interpret timing tells on default? What do you think when it takes him a long time to bet, raise or call etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick calls on the flop are usually weakish draws or medium 1 pair hands. Slow calls are usually big draws, sometimes monsters (thinking about raising). Taking time to bet/raise at small stakes usually means they are thinking how much to bet to extract. Players tend to just fire something quickly if they are bluffing.