Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Expired Car Tags

Ok, simple enough - my license plate stickers are expired. Thank you Ambler Police Department for making me aware of this. I have a company/fleet car, so either the paperwork didn't get to me or I/roomie misplaced it. I also need to get my car inspected by the end of the month.

Few simple questions-

Any penalty for driving without current registration car/sticker (seemingly everything is fine when the officer checked things - valid registation) - just don't have the info?

Is it possible to get a car inspected at a Pepboys (other national chain) without the information?

What would be the penalty for driving with a car that is past due on inspection?

Sorry, just thought someone here might have some experience with these situations.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Expired Car Tags

My 2 experiences in both cases were with my personal car. Pulled over by cops twice, and both times I legitimately didn't know that my tags were expired, so I wasn't just playing dumb.

First time, the cop asked me if I had moved in the last year, which I had, and he just gave me a warning ticket. I had to go to the courthouse and pay the standard tax within a month or the warning ticket became real.

Second time, cop gave me a ticket, and I had to pay a fine, in addition to paying the regular tax.

If the police didn't give you a ticket, then you probably just have to pay the standard amount for renewing your tags with no late penalty.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the input. Just got off the phone with a guy at Pepboys - supposedly I just need a 'computer copy' of my current registration and my old registration (No sticker) for them to do the inspection.

Fleets can be very nice/convenient, but it's easy to forget basic stuff like this. Now I'm just trying to get the computer copy from someone at the leasing company. The guy in charge of the fleet from my company sounded a bit lost when I mentioned a computer copy. It made sense to me - a simple printed out temporary registration form until your real one and sticker arrived in the mail.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:45 PM

This would probably fall under the category of 'crap that varies by state and can be looked up online in about 2 seconds.'

Most places, as far as I know you can get inspected regardless of registration status.
Closed Thread