Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 05:26 AM

Default 200NL: Standard(ish) spot with Pair + Draw

Villain is a 26/20/3 who cbets a lot, opens equally from all positions (UTG->BTN), and goes to showdown a lot. Bets a lot, but haven't seen a postflop raise yet.

I'm only at one table with him, and have played pretty aggressive, taking down a handful of pots without showdowns. I'm running around 22/18/3 for the stat guys.

No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$1/$2 Blinds
5 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

SB: $131.20
<font color="black">KLJ (BB): $249.15</font>
UTG: $157.80
CO: $214.45
BTN: $200.00

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> KLJ is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $6.00</font>, 2 folds, KLJ calls $4.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($13) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
KLJ checks, <font color="red">CO bets $12.00</font>, KLJ calls $12.00

Preflop, I call&gt;fold&gt;raise in terms of percentages or frequencies against this type of person. Maybe this is bad, who knows. On the flop, against some players I generally lead, some players generally c/r, some players generally c/f. Obviously this doesn't mean much, but I decided to c/c here.

1. How standard/good/bad is my play and reasoning so far?
2. What should my plan be on the following turns:
a. 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
b. 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
c. 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
d: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2007, 05:30 AM

Default Re: 200NL: Standard(ish) spot with Pair + Draw

Preflop I fold &gt; raise &gt; call. But I am a nit about playing pots OOP.

1. I never c/f this flop. I think c/c is fine.
a. lead
b. c/c
c. gross.. c/maybe call
d. lead
Old 06-02-2007, 05:33 AM

check/call or reraise if str8 hits.

lead out for 20 if 8 hits

if 2h/2d hits check/call samll bet

what could villian have? Over pair? AJ?
Old 06-02-2007, 05:37 AM

villain could have 100% of his opening range

We shouldn't even be trying to put him on a hand after opening and cbetting
Old 06-02-2007, 05:40 AM

I'd rather 3-bet pre. 89 plays into more trouble spots when you play it straight up. I'd cold call 9ts, tjs.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a 26/20/3 who cbets a lot, opens equally from all positions (UTG-&gt;BTN), and goes to showdown a lot. Bets a lot, but haven't seen a postflop raise yet.

I'm only at one table with him, and have played pretty aggressive, taking down a handful of pots without showdowns. I'm running around 22/18/3 for the stat guys.

No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$1/$2 Blinds
5 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

SB: $131.20
<font color="black">KLJ (BB): $249.15</font>
UTG: $157.80
CO: $214.45
BTN: $200.00

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> KLJ is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $6.00</font>, 2 folds, KLJ calls $4.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($13) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
KLJ checks, <font color="red">CO bets $12.00</font>, KLJ calls $12.00

Preflop, I call&gt;fold&gt;raise in terms of percentages or frequencies against this type of person. Maybe this is bad, who knows. On the flop, against some players I generally lead, some players generally c/r, some players generally c/f. Obviously this doesn't mean much, but I decided to c/c here.

1. How standard/good/bad is my play and reasoning so far?
a. 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
b. 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
c. 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
d: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. How standard/good/bad is my play and reasoning so far? <font color="blue"> looks fine to me but if i jsut call with 89s call im looking to make a play at lots of flops whether i hit a draw or not.
i ch/r this particular flop very often. </font>

a. 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> ch/rai. you have ltos of fold equity vs over pairs adn tons of outs if called. if he checks behind thats awesome as well. </font>
b. 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> ch/call a small bet </font>
c. 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> bet/fold. hes only shoving QJ/JJ/sets but he'll call with QQ+</font>
d: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> bet/call </font>
Old 06-02-2007, 06:10 AM

I sometimes lead-bet all those cards. Sometimes checkraise the 6 or the 2h. Sometimes c/c the 2d. Most lines are okay here.

The 8 falling is the only tough spot I think. Villain sounds like he'd sometimes 2-barrel a four-straight board with air, but if you just c/c your 2 pair, you expose yourself to a huge river bluff or an epic value bet with 77. Leading probably prevents you from being bluffed, but also usually folds out the hands that you're beating. Even though you've been taking pots down w/o showdown, he probably wont call you with worse here because what hands do you c/c flop with and then bluff this turn? He'll be more likely to bluffraise you with AA than to call you down with it. So I don't know. I guess either c/f the turn if it's an 8, or c/c and get ready for a tough river decision.

Edited to note: I don't mean he's likely to bluffraise you with AA if you lead. Just that he's probably folding, and almost never calling.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:07 PM

prefer to muck or 3bet pre than call, although since his pfr in CO = UTG, call is probably fine

check all turns imo and reevaluate based off bet sizes