Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (8/7) ($3,000 NL)

Rotter, Ya he said something like "You've had (or won) with pocket aces all in 2x and you still only have 200k.

It was like everyone at that table watched the first tournament of champions (where they all gave PH crap)just before that FT started.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:24 PM

I liked that Ben fellow, seemed very nice and handled Hellmuth' retardness pretty well.

Does he post here?
Old 08-09-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked that Ben fellow, seemed very nice and handled Hellmuth' retardness pretty well.

Does he post here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not frequently. (This is Ben, btw)

I might be thinking of someone else, but I think I actually discussed a FT/Stars swap with you a few months back.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Does he post here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be thinking of someone else, but I think I actually discussed a FT/Stars swap with you a few months back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall something like that, but could be (although, i don't usually discuss trades with low post count users).
How's your brother doing?I was impressed with your pledge to donate 25% of your winnings to the research fund regarding his illness?

And on completely another subject, what was the table talk that didn't enter the broadcast about Hellmuth's antics?
it was painful to watch...
Old 08-09-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Does he post here?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I try not to kiss butt too often but Ben was pretty much the man during that episode. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have handled those situations near as well.

That beat you took when you were a 3-1 was pretty classy as well. Although you were spot on when you said all of you probably sucked out on others to make it that far.

But I think if I ever met you I'd still have to call you kid. Phil only called you Ben once I think.

Anyway best of luck in the future.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:17 PM

- You're trying to rob me!

- No, im not. ....Offcourse I am a little bit.

(Awesome! LMAO!)
Old 08-09-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't recall something like that, but could be (although, i don't usually discuss trades with low post count users).
How's your brother doing?I was impressed with your pledge to donate 25% of your winnings to the research fund regarding his illness?

And on completely another subject, what was the table talk that didn't enter the broadcast about Hellmuth's antics?
it was painful to watch...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for asking about my brother. As he put it, "they made it seem like I was on my deathbed." He's needed chemo from time to time, and has actually had a toe amputated in an unsuccessful attempt to rid himself of the tumor. Other than that, he's fine. However, the disease is so rare that even $25k could make a big difference in the research efforts.

Regarding Hellmuth, he was like that all throughout day two as well. I assume that's how he is whenever cameras are around. Most of it was an act, I think. He was very nice to me after we both had busted out and were chatting while waiting to get paid. Still, I'd be perfectly content to never have to deal with him at my table again.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I try not to kiss butt too often but Ben was pretty much the man during that episode. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have handled those situations near as well.

That beat you took when you were a 3-1 was pretty classy as well. Although you were spot on when you said all of you probably sucked out on others to make it that far.

But I think if I ever met you I'd still have to call you kid. Phil only called you Ben once I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. As you could probably guess, I was pretty happy to see how the broadcast turned out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. As you could probably guess, I was pretty happy to see how the broadcast turned out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll kiss ass and be the first chick on these boards to tell you, You're Hot! You looked even better holding your own against PH. Props to you.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about this during the AA v AA v KK hand.
Beth at one point takes her cards off the table and jumps around with them like the dumb-as-a-post-toolbox that she is. My question is for the B&M regulars, is there a rule about taking your cards off/away from the table? I wouldn't know, I've never heard of one but it only stands to reason that there would be I think.

This question actually originally occurred to me when I was watching last year's WSOP and at point Hachem (who has a very, very annoying case of OMGIRUNSOBADITIS) gets AA says something like "I have the rockets!" and flips them up through the air at which point on falls off the table IIRC.

It just seems to me like there would be a rule that something like this can get your hand declared dead and just wondering if that's the case?

[/ QUOTE ]

She didn't take them off of the table until they were all all-in.