Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: That French Lick TR I promised

[ QUOTE ]
I was 91st on the list for a 1/2 game at Caesar's on Saturday night. I took someone elses spot that obv wasn't there and got on in about 1/2 hour.

They didn't call a 1/2 seat at Caesars for over 45 min. Not one seat. There were at least 10 open seats during that time period and empty tables/dealers standing around.

I like the $4 rake at French Lick WAY WAY better than those crooks at Caesars for $6 per half hour w/o a shuffle machine. You are lucky to get 12 hands a down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never understood the time charge (I do from a bottom line perspective, just not from a make-the-players-happy one). I always explain my feelings by saying "If your buddy gave you $100 and asked for $4 back, you'd prob say ok, but if that same friend asked for $6 every half hour, you'd probably kick him in the junk."

And yes, you'll never be 91st on the list at FL.

Cody
Old 04-02-2007, 05:18 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
I was 91st on the list for a 1/2 game at Caesar's on Saturday night. I took someone elses spot that obv wasn't there and got on in about 1/2 hour.

They didn't call a 1/2 seat at Caesars for over 45 min. Not one seat. There were at least 10 open seats during that time period and empty tables/dealers standing around.

I like the $4 rake at French Lick WAY WAY better than those crooks at Caesars for $6 per half hour w/o a shuffle machine. You are lucky to get 12 hands a down.

[/ QUOTE ]
WSOP Circuit Event is in town, the room is packed and all the Wannabe's play NL. The floor people are not acustomed to this much volume and they often fail miserably at keeping seats full. The normal wait for $1-2 NL is usually short.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
WSOP Circuit Event is in town, the room is packed and all the Wannabe's play NL. The floor people are not acustomed to this much volume and they often fail miserably at keeping seats full. The normal wait for $1-2 NL is usually short.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I totally forgot about that. Yeah this is something of a rush for Ceasers so it's a little unfair to hold that against them. I will say from personal experience that the floor staff at Ceasers is generally rude and slow. Action is good though.

Cody
Old 04-04-2007, 06:49 PM

I try to get to FL for the tournaments - 12 noon and I believe 7pm although I haven't stayed for the evening. $60 + $20 (stiff like Caesars) but you get $2,000 in chips with $25-50 blinds. The number of players can vary widely - from 2 tables to 7 or more tables. Everytime there has been no live game going before the tournament started. Dealers sort of suck - some can't count chips, so watch out. Usually a fun, friendly tournament and with a little care you should make a few dollars.