FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: SHIPP IT?
HOLLA 7 31.82%
CRUCIAL 5 22.73%
BASYTARD 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Re: SSNL [cheese] thread: NOV 2007 (nc)

[ QUOTE ]
It's so ridiculously sick how badly I have been running the last few months. Last night I lost 5 buyins headsup to a guy who caught a three outer shoving the flop with air, then set over set me and caught cards non stop.

Then tonight I lose $800 and am down over $1200 in equity. I cannot win a single [censored] pot and haven't been able to for months. Every flip I lose, every idiot shoving a flush draw hits. Yea, variance, blah blah whatever, nobody cares.

But I care, and it's [censored] with me horribly. I didn't tilt at all tonight. I felt like I made one possible mistake in the 1800 hands I played, yet here I am twiddling my [censored] thumbs losing every all in regardless of how much of a favourite I am.

The tables are full of retards and i'm not even able to take advantage of them.

[censored].

-Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly the variance is bothering you. Don't play HU, nit up, really focus on great table selection. Stress free money.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol wouldn't surprise me, i did make some really bad plays sometimes too. who are you on there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to play under iliketea. I just changed sites so I am playing under another sn.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:57 AM

Not stress free, 6max hasn't been stress free for me for months. I game select very well. I datamine all day and all night and only pick weak tables.

I don't want to be a nit, I want to play poker and get better. I don't play that much HU anymore, that was only last night. Tonight was 6max and it made zero difference.

I still ran like crap and lost. Like I said, -$1200 just on my all-in equity. I haven't had more than one day in a row where i've run above expectation and not been coolered since August. There's been bits of tilt in there, but i'm up money, just not as much as I should be. I've literally forgotten what it's like to sit down for several sessions in a week and not have a losing one.

Anyway there's little anyone can do, so bleh. Just let me vent.

-Andy

Gogo variance.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
brag: my ssnl journey. cashed out a like $20k about 3/4 weeks ago because i wanted money after uni. 1k -> 12k in that time (1600 was a lucky donkament score and 600 bonus, and pt is missing some hands.) Back at msnl now, hopefully for good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

US is my hero [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Donks are out in full force today [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. I keep getting 3-4 callers every time I raise pf.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:30 AM

How the hell can I end up in rakeback deficit? After cashing out my RB for october, I started the month of November at -65$. How does that happen?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not stress free, 6max hasn't been stress free for mel for months. I game select very well. I datamine all day and all night and only pick weak tables.

I don't want to be a nit, I want to play poker and get better. I don't play that much HU anymore, that was only last night. Tonight was 6max and it made zero difference.

I still ran like crap and lost. Like I said, -$1200 just on my all-in equity. I haven't had more than one day in a row where i've run above expectation and not been coolered since August. There's been bits of tilt in there, but i'm up money, just not as much as I should be. I've literally forgotten what it's like to sit down for several sessions in a week and not have a losing one.

Anyway there's little anyone can do, so bleh. Just let me vent.

-Andy

Gogo variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] this sentiment annoys the hell out of me.

"Playing poker" constitutes the exploitation of your opponents tendancies with a proper counter-strategy. If you really are dataming 24/7 and exercising impreccable table selection, then you will be sitting at tables full of loose calling stations and maniacs. Versus loose stations and maniacs, the best, most sensible and imo most profitable counter-strategy is to tighten up and value bet extremely hard.

If you are a great "poker player", then in juicy games, your edge will be so great that getting into marginal high-variance situations wil simply not be worth it for you. If you are beating a level for say 5PTBB/100 just playing solid and are still capable of moving up, then it would be beyond stupid to triple your variance for the sake of an extra 1PTBB/100.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How the hell can I end up in rakeback deficit? After cashing out my RB for october, I started the month of November at -65$. How does that happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get any other bonuses or exchanged PP for cash or other [censored]?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran through a couple of reload bonuses. This would explain why?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran through a couple of reload bonuses. This would explain why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea if bonuses deduced from rb. When you get a bonus, the site where you play at takes some $$$ from your affilate which it terms gives you less $$$ in rb. Something like that...
Closed Thread