Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 02:20 AM

Default razz: should I have bet this river?

If I had bet the river then I keep myself from getting bluffed out...the raiser might have been making a gutsy raise with a smooth ten or a complete bluff...but I doubt it at this limit. What do you think?

Razz ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (10.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (7.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (11.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

River - (14.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___raises
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets___folds

Total pot: (16.00 BB - $8)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $8 | Rake $0.40

Note: this site shuffles the hole cards.

</font>
Old 06-14-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: razz: should I have bet this river?

I think you played this one right. I can't see you being good after the river action. God bless seat 6.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played this one right. I can't see you being good after the river action. God bless seat 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know...what a donk (and this is coming from me...who is still down $23 after 3200 hands of .25/.50...)
Old 06-15-2007, 12:18 AM

You do realize that that's better than average, right? The average player is losing the rake. Maybe you'd do better if you played somewhat higher.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:34 AM

I find that people in razz get fancy less than a lot of other games. In other words I play it exactly like you did. Fine check, easy fold, move on.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that that's better than average, right? The average player is losing the rake. Maybe you'd do better if you played somewhat higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do...of the people in my pt database who have played more than 300 hands at that limit, I think only 3 of them are winners. And ranking by BB/100 I am 5th out of about 15 people with more than 300 hands;-) Unfortunetly, I think I should really be the best .25/.50 razz player, not slightly above average...all in due time!

Carlos
Old 06-15-2007, 01:37 AM

I dunno. I'm a lifetime loser at live $2/4 and $3/6 hold'em, as well as several online games, and I'm OK with that. Do you play poker to be the best at something, or do you play it to make money?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:25 AM

Beware seat 8s flush draw and pair of Queens. I fold 5th.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno. I'm a lifetime loser at live $2/4 and $3/6 hold'em, as well as several online games, and I'm OK with that. Do you play poker to be the best at something, or do you play it to make money?

[/ QUOTE ]

About 75% of why I play is for the competition and challenge of the game. It is how I pay my rent, so I would be remiss to say that the money isn't important...but I would probably play almost as much poker as I do now if I never made a dime at it (I have done so with less lucrative game in the past). Basically, I am a gamer at heart!

Carlos
Old 06-15-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beware seat 8s flush draw and pair of Queens. I fold 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point;-)