Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver are

I got a warning button because an old lady (really - 75 + years old) said that I mucked out of turn, but didn't...after she busted out! Not sure why they were so heavy handed but no big deal since I am pretty anal about sticking to the "rules"...

Busted out last night in 43rd...very frustratig but I won't bore you all with the sad story...nothing all that original or different, but needless to say I was mad.

Playing tomorrow since my game is good right now...we will see!

Good luck to you all.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah. I received a penalty button for accidentally flipping my cards up while mucking.

Word was that the second warning sent you to the rail for 30 minutes. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the penalty is you have to sit out a round of blinds, and yes, they were being VERY strict up there about handing out penalties when I played last night.

You did get one warning though first.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:45 AM

Well, I got my ticket punched for Saturday last night! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm in round A on Saturday, and they said that those of us who are in the 9am event (Round A) need to be there NLT 7:30 AM.

I'm checking into one of the hotels in Blackhawk tonight, and staying tonight and tomorrow night, so I won't have to drive up there.

Best of all, tomorrow is my B-Day! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I will post more details on how my night went last night, it was fantastic!

I finished out the night at about 120k left in chippies, and tdp was a HUGE assett for me last night before the event started. He gave me a good pep talk, and helped me with how to approach playing the Qualifier this time (and his advise worked!).

Sadly, he himself was the bubble boy, going out in 33rd place (they oversold the seats last night, and as a result they gave away 32 seats, instead of 30 seats).

I have two more qualifiers to play in as well. Tonight, and tomorrow Morning.

They are (now) completely sold out of $340 qualifiers (unless you have a certificate, and then you can only play tomorrow).

As for the $350 Sit and goes, the Starting chippies are 5k, with 20 minute rounds, and they award 2 seats.

They will be having those at 2pm and 8pm tonight. The 8pm ones are already sold out, and they only have 14 more seats for the ME after it's said and done, so that means they will only have 7 ($350) sit and goes to run after 2pm today.

It's highly recommended that if you want to play in the 2pm $350 Sit and goes, you get up there like 10 or 11am to sign up for them, as they will go FAST.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:24 AM

Nicely done Cincy!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:31 AM

Thanks Danielle! I hope you make it on your next try.

BTW, to everyone else, they announced last night that due to the HUGE response they go here this time, that they are coming back again, TWICE next year! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Next time they'll be here will be in April, so save your pennies for the $340 Qualifiers, and if the law has changed by then (which there are rumors it might), you might even be able to buy directly in.

FYI, they also said next time, it will take 10 qualifier certificates from the sit and goes to qualify for a ME seat, instead of just 5 like it is this time.

They also mention they might up the qualifiers to the (current colorado state) max buy in of $500 as well to boost the prize pool even more.

BTW, I left out in my previous post, the phone pep talk I got from Dog Boy, which also helped me as well.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver area 2!

Looks like the list on Craig's list is blosseming:

http://denver.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=heartland

with ME seats to sell.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver area 2!

Good luck.

I am excited to hear that they will be back in the spring.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:26 PM

If anyone has a certificate to the $340 Friday qualifiers that they wish to sell, PM me.

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:29 PM

I won my entry today - last one I was going to play!

If anyone has extra buy ins and difficulty selling, let me know - I would be interested in buying one for my husband...
Old 10-11-2007, 11:30 PM

Awesome they are returning. I learned in the SnG's that I have a LOT to learn, and have put myself in forced remedial training. :> So April I'll be ready for the return!
Cincy, I'm glad that Paul, tdp, helped you out. I hope he makes it in the tourney.